Samsung Says They’re Not Interested In Purchasing RIM

Early Tuesday, BGR claimed RIM was actively seeking an acquisition by Samsung. The report detailed RIM wanting a purchase price of $12 to $15 Billion, which is nearly double their market cap ($8.5 Billion).
    Samsung was quick to respond to Reuters saying,”We haven’t considered acquiring the firm and are not interested in (buying RIM),” Samsung spokesman James Chung said. Nor had RIM approached Samsung for a takeover, Chung added.

It is definitely interesting times for RIM as they venture towards an uphill battle. With Samsung out of the way, who knows, maybe Ford really will be interested in buying RIM *maniacallaugh*.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...2F+Top+News%29
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 01-18-12 at 10:12 AM. Reason: corrected link, we don't need a leach
    01-18-12 07:29 AM
    Too bad.. Samsung design could make a great phone (just my opinion).

01-18-12 07:59 AM
    They didn't say anything about technology, licensing, patents, etc. That still could be possible.

I don't trust BGR's source to be fully accurate. Maybe there was a meeting or someone flew to a HQ city. But the content of discussion - anyone who really knew what was happening on an acquisition would wouldn't be talking at all...
    1- very few would know; the secret would be very controlled to limited few
    2- a leak would be not just bad for RIM, but open up the leakere to prosecution by trading regulators (they want to be sure that no one gets early info on which to trade, plus that insiders don't profit from using secret info).

So I don't trust the BGR source. This is different from an easier leak on a design feature that's lots have seen.
    01-18-12 09:56 AM
    Already being discussed here.
    01-18-12 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD