Is there anyway for example if your device is off that you can see the real time SMS texts where sent instead of the timestamp the device gives it when it arrives there. I know its a Curve thing and not a system limitation because Ive had other phones that could do this or at least you can see it in a details menu etc. Anyone know anything about this???

With emails its in the header once you open it, any advice for SMS??? Im running 4.5.

Thanks
    12-05-08 09:56 AM
    You mean you turn your Blackberry OFF?! I didn't even know it could do that...

I don't think you can do this- I don't know why you'd need to know the exact time an SMS was sent.
    12-05-08 10:22 AM
    Well, for example on my SE W810i I could look at the details and see the real time it was sent. I guess its a personal preference but I would at least prefer the option. Last night was the first time I think I have turned my Blackberry off at night but if someone txts me in the middle of the night I much prefer to know what time they sent it. Maybe its not possible but it is on other phones. Its shows on emails and I don't know why they don't make it viewable on SMS.
    If anyone knows I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 10:39 AM
    like Navan said it's not possible. if your device is off you'll see what time the SMS was sent. you can always set your device profile to silent at night so that you'll get your messages delivered as they are sent.
    12-05-08 10:56 AM
    Emails are sent and received on the mail server. Therefore, there is already a timestamp for it. When you turn your device on, it shows you emails that were already received by your email provider.

sms - is technically not received until the device is turned on.
    12-05-08 10:58 AM
    Emails are sent and received on the mail server. Therefore, there is already a timestamp for it. When you turn your device on, it shows you emails that were already received by your email provider.

sms - is technically not received until the device is turned on.
    But he wants to know the time that it was sent. Not received.
    12-05-08 01:34 PM
    But he wants to know the time that it was sent. Not received.

I'm sure he understands that. Methinks he was explaining WHY it's not possible.
    12-05-08 02:07 PM
    I'm sure he understands that. Methinks he was explaining WHY it's not possible.
    I see what you mean. But I think it is possible some how. Like right now I have a Verizon Razr and like if I have my phone shut off and I turn it on and I receive 5 sms I can go to options>message info and it tells me the actual time the sender "sent" it at.
    12-06-08 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD