I have a 8900 with 5.0.0.411 os

I find that I can't send a text message over wifi but can send it fine over edge..

any ideas?
    12-11-09 10:35 AM
    will only work via UMA on Wifi
    12-11-09 10:39 AM
    me to, if your phone is connected to wifi but your do not pay the additional cost through tmobile, your sms will fail, normally i can resend it a time or two and it will send, i also get dropped calls when its shows uma, it will connect and than drop the call.
    12-11-09 10:42 AM
    I have the internet plan and have used the UMA/wi-fi previously to send text no problem.

I am wondering if it has something to do with the new OS install.

Thanks
    12-11-09 10:45 AM
    You can't send SMS over wifi (UMA or otherwise) at least i think so.

You turned off mobile network and only turned on WIFI and got SMS to go out? SMS communicates over the control channels (voice channels of the tower). So if you're telling me you could before SMS over WIFI then i would have learned something new.
    12-11-09 01:31 PM

You turned off mobile network and only turned on WIFI and got SMS to go out? SMS communicates over the control channels (voice channels of the tower). So if you're telling me you could before SMS over WIFI then i would have learned something new.
    actually, YES, you can send SMS over wifi, but only if UMA is "active". in fact, you can make/receive calls, text, send/receive email, browse the web over wifi...again, only if UMA is "active".

if you're wifi connection is not getting a "UMA" connection, you can only browse the web.
    12-11-09 07:27 PM

You can absolutely send text over WiFi if UMA is active.
    12-13-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD