Ok I am a BB newbie. But have had a Treo for years. IK am searching for two things. A better Todo list one that will keep them in a handy repository as you go thru the day u can priortize and and kick out reminders or reset to a later time w/o going back to calander or task list while driving or working on something else.
    SMS text is a mess in BB it stacks them in order of text and I would like to see them by user. Any suggestions?
    09-12-09 11:20 AM
    You're talking about threaded sms...this feature is coming out in OS 5.0 pretty soon, but there are 3rd party apps that will let you do this...
    09-12-09 11:31 AM
    The iPhone does this aready. But, as of now BB has already had their texts come in "stacked". But, there is a new OS coming out - 5.0 - which the ability to have threaded text by user. I don't know the exact date but I believe it's later this fall.
    09-12-09 11:58 AM
    Ok Thank you very much. I will look forward to that. I am still adjusting to the BB interface. The hardest thing was to stop reaching for the stylus. The Palm Treo was not nearly as powerful or multi facited as the BB. I do miss the treaded texting and the to do list which kinda reminded me all day what was on my aganda w/ a blinking little Icon all day long. All i had to do was tap it and the list was right their. It was more flexable when Priorties changed. If anyone has a suggestion on an App that meets that bill please suggest
    Thanks
    BD
    09-12-09 03:53 PM
    Not really familiar with the Treo, but I assigned my Calendar to a convenience button and set the default Calendar view to "Agenda". In Calendar options, I set "Show Tasks" to "Yes".

So... with one press of a convenience key, I can see my agenda.
    09-12-09 04:02 PM
    In the interim, I'd say maybe looking into buying BChat (check the crackberry store) it's only for $0.99, but it does do threaded texts. $1 seems very cheap to wait for the real thing when 5.0 comes out.

BUT before you buy it (if you want to that is) read this thread because the app does have it's issues, which is why I'm no longer using it. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bchat-1-0-info-296371/
    09-12-09 04:12 PM
    Ok Thank you very much. I will look forward to that. I am still adjusting to the BB interface. The hardest thing was to stop reaching for the stylus. The Palm Treo was not nearly as powerful or multi facited as the BB. I do miss the treaded texting and the to do list which kinda reminded me all day what was on my aganda w/ a blinking little Icon all day long. All i had to do was tap it and the list was right their. It was more flexable when Priorties changed. If anyone has a suggestion on an App that meets that bill please suggest
    Thanks
    BD
    I've heard a lot of good things about Empower SMS Viewer. From what I've heard, it allows you to have threaded texting (as well as various fonts, backgrounds, and effects). I've read a lot of satisfactory reviews on it. It just released its official version.

Does anyone know where to get a FREE version of this??? I've already checked iPmart forum - Powered by our members! (great site for cracked/hacked BB apps) and they only have the Beta version...
    09-12-09 04:58 PM
    Empower SMS Viewer's doesn't really have threaded sms, and crackberry has a giveaway contest right now.
    09-12-09 05:20 PM
    Depending on the level of task management you need, ToDoMatrix will cover you if you need a serious solution. It's a very powerful app.
    09-12-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD