Is there a way to add a signature to all your outgoing text messages?
    01-24-08 04:29 PM
    Options -> AutoText.
    Update the text for "sig" to whatever you want your signature to be. Now type "sig" at the end of your message and it will replace it with the autotext.
    01-24-08 04:31 PM
    not automaticly ... you will have to add a autotext entry say "zx" and that will change to "~wolfscmb" ...

go to options >> autotext >> bb menu key >> new >> in the replace field type zx >> in the with field type ~wolfscmb (or whatever your wanting your sig to be >> save and exit ... this should get you a quick and simple way to add signatures to anything (texts, emails, bb messanger) ... just be sure to choose a two or three letter combination that you wont normally use ...
    01-24-08 04:33 PM
    uhh... soooo complicated.. ;(
    01-24-08 06:55 PM
    But please for the sanity of those you text/email/bbm on a very regular basis, no signature. We know who you are already, we are texting you. I know its fun and helps to express yourself but the people recieving aren't always as excited as you to constantly get them

My $.02
    01-24-08 09:18 PM
    I agree with Gibralter. Signatures on emails would be the only exception, but most emails are professional anyway. On a slightly different note, I had someone text several times on accident with a signature of "Babygurl Teri." Quite the name. Now imagine seeing that every time a loved one sent you a message...
    01-24-08 10:55 PM
    At Othersider and Gibralter. Don't forget too that you have to be aware of the services/phones your mates are on because not sending a signature to someone you txt regularly can be just as annoying if they have certain providers. If you don't know (their provider) it's probably best to sign your messages (although I'd guess you probably know the services and phones of your best mates). For example I use a Boost mobile phone in addition to my BB and on Boost (and sprint depending on the phone) the SMS messages show up in an inbox with no phone number or anything, so if someone doesn't sign their messages you have no idea who sent it (unless you can tell by context) and there's no reply option with SMS. I had a treo 600 on sprint that was the same way so I actually started asking people to put a signature in, even my best mate that txt'd me everyday! MMS messages on Boost Mobile however act normal and have full ID info and reply options. Of course you have to realize too that a lot of the phones out there have signature settings in the txt options, so people set it to "Babygurl Teri" and forget about the fact it's added to every message. It's always seemed strange to me that BB doesn't have a auto signature for txt, but they have the email sigs you can setup.
    Anyway, just my thoughts on the subject, have a good one.
    07-03-08 02:04 PM
    07-03-08 02:10 PM
    Is there a way to add a signature to all your outgoing text messages?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...utotext-38096/

Search the forum, there was a How-To on this...

if you ever have questions, always look in the How-To / FAQs first
    07-03-08 02:12 PM
    uhh... soooo complicated.. ;(
    u gotta be kidding me... just follow the steps
    03-19-09 10:53 PM
    Thanks man u helped... Its only for personall use with me... So have it to where its not alwyas there and i can choose when i want it to show is great.....add me on bbm....pin me ill respond

twitter.com/e2dad

youtube.com/skrillaclicqc

options -> autotext.
    Update the text for "sig" to whatever you want your signature to be. Now type "sig" at the end of your message and it will replace it with the autotext.
    11-01-09 10:35 PM
    AddOnIs as far as I know can add an SMS signature automatically, but the feature is only supported on OS 4.6 and higher, and AddOnIs costs a bit too much for this purpose only.

I would personally leave out the SMS signature completely, but the AutoText trick is fine for most situations.
    11-02-09 12:16 AM
    Easy and great help! Thanks
    11-08-09 09:23 PM
    Personally it make me very angry that I cannot add a signature to ALL my outgoing sms messages. Some people may like it and some dont, but that is my decision to make. I like my signature and wish I could have it on my BB actually thinking of changing phones just for the feature. Pretty sad that BB cant get it together and add a stupid simple feature like that to their phone. Not only that on my Curve 8320 I cannot use AddOnIs because it only has software 4.5 so it would do me no good to buy it. I would love to put 4.6 on there just so i could use the AddOnIs would make me very pleased...

Anyway I know it may sound stupid but I like them and afterall we purchase a phone that we want spend good money for it and cant even have basic feature that most phones carry today. I know I am going to get burned at the cross for my stance because some of you dont like the signatures but thuink of it this way... You have your opinion and I have mine I dont care that you dont like the signatures let me know who you are and I will not send you messages. It is just as much your right to refuse my messages as it is my right to put the signature in there. (Takes all types to make the world go round!!)
    04-12-10 08:36 AM
    Personally it make me very angry that I cannot add a signature to ALL my outgoing sms messages. Some people may like it and some dont, but that is my decision to make. I like my signature and wish I could have it on my BB actually thinking of changing phones just for the feature. Pretty sad that BB cant get it together and add a stupid simple feature like that to their phone. Not only that on my Curve 8320 I cannot use AddOnIs because it only has software 4.5 so it would do me no good to buy it. I would love to put 4.6 on there just so i could use the AddOnIs would make me very pleased...

Anyway I know it may sound stupid but I like them and afterall we purchase a phone that we want spend good money for it and cant even have basic feature that most phones carry today. I know I am going to get burned at the cross for my stance because some of you dont like the signatures but thuink of it this way... You have your opinion and I have mine I dont care that you dont like the signatures let me know who you are and I will not send you messages. It is just as much your right to refuse my messages as it is my right to put the signature in there. (Takes all types to make the world go round!!)
    You can, as stated above, in case you decided not to read that far back, you can also add multiple sigs for different contacts.
    Now reach around and pull the panties out your ****, their bunching up is making you crabby.
    04-12-10 09:03 AM
    I use a program called SmartSig. It works very well and does what OP asked.
    04-12-10 10:47 AM
    Someone changed the text signature on my phone to "Also, I think I might be gay." And I don't know how to turn it off.
    Also, I think I might be gay.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-25-10 12:45 AM
    * vivi love *
    09-01-10 03:12 PM
    OMG seriously? There is a way to add signature...I accidently found how to do it, replacing the " This was sent from a blackberry" message that is added to every email and text.....there is a place where you can click..Signature...and the add what ever you want. When I did it, I didn't use the Auto text thing as I would not have stumbled onto that myself. Every thing I read on here, tells me thats how to do it.

Is there no one out there who knows how to add it any other way?

I have gone over and over my phone and can't seem to get rid of the signature message I added ....

cheers
    09-10-10 07:41 PM
    Another option

Option > Owner, under Information type what you want for the signature.

Though its not automatic, on every text, but when you want a signature, just type sig in your text messages.
    09-15-10 08:54 PM
    crunchsms adds a signature to all my outgoin txts.
    Last edited by dr3ams1012; 11-09-10 at 06:16 PM.
    09-15-10 09:41 PM
    Can someone please tell me how to put a signature on my blackberry 8530 curve?? I have looked at everything and still can't figure it out. Someone please help

09-29-10 11:57 PM
    At some point it must have been possible to add a signature because i did. Now i can't turn it off. It is handy if you have to change your number and are letting everyone know.
    02-21-12 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD