The other day I upgraded my 8900 from the Blackberry desktop. My phone kept on turning off and on and I went to see if it needed a upgrade and it did. I now have v5.0.0.900 Bundle 1626 platform 5.2.0.9.6. and now my SMS reply screen is very small ,2 lines, at the most. Before I had the whole screen. What is going on? And how can I change it back? The whole SMS messaging file looks different And I hate it. The whole SMS file mixed up with the MMS which I never use. Help please.
    02-25-12 04:30 PM
    I'm so sorry, this problem sounds horrible! Try tweeting @blackberryhelp on Twitter - they're usually quite prompt and will probably respond to your questions within a couple of hours. Once I got a reply in under a half hour! I hope your problem gets fixed soon; and I wish I could be of more help!
    02-25-12 06:11 PM
    Thanks now I just have to get a Twitter account.
    02-25-12 07:20 PM
    Can you post up a screenshot of your issue?
    02-25-12 07:29 PM
    I was thinking it could be Threaded SMS.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os-...5-0-0-140-tour
    02-25-12 07:47 PM
    I was thinking it could be Threaded SMS.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os-...5-0-0-140-tour
    Ding! Ding! Ding! You win the Prize! And If I knew You I would give you one. That is exactly what is it! People apparently like this. You do not know how much this has been driving me crazy. I hate it. I am a junior Senior Citizen so maybe it is a age thing. Today is my birthday(dead serious) and it will will be the biggest present I will receive if you tell me how I can rid my cell phone of this SMS monstrocity!
    02-25-12 08:04 PM
    Hahah okaay, well to get rid of it you need to downgrade to your previous OS.
    Threaded SMS is implented in the .190 and no way to change it with settings.
    All the newer OS have the Threaded SMS, well just give it some time?
    I also hated it on the first time when i had it, but now i simply just love it.
    02-25-12 08:10 PM
    Is it ok to downgrade? My phone kept on shutting off and on until I upgraded. Will it do that again? And could I do it on the Desktop? Life is too short. It looks like I am chatting but I really am not. Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by marbleann; 02-25-12 at 08:17 PM.
    02-25-12 08:15 PM
    Yes it's all ok to downgrade aslong if you follow the steps you are good to go.
    Well i'm not sure if it will keep shutting on and off again if you downgrade it.
    Well if i were you i would just try the new OS out and see if you like will like it after.
    But yes you can use your desktop - BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    02-25-12 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD