OK my sister is using a Sprint/Nextel BB given to her by work. She was having some problems responding to my text messages, so I tried to give her some help. I found out that she cannot SMS from her phone and she was told from work that she should use MMS instead. She gets my SMS text in her MMS and can respond.
    Why can't she SMS? Does this mean she is on BES? If she is on BBS why wouldn't she be able to SMS? Does MMS mean they can see everything she sends or receives?

Thanks I want to tell her the right info on this
    11-09-10 09:14 PM
    BES can restrict any phone options that the company does not want them to use. The company has the choice to monitor/log anything on the phone (including MMS). The only way to know if they are is to ask them.
    11-09-10 09:24 PM
    OK thanks. So guessing that she has no SMS capabilities, thats should mean she is definitely on BES and not BIS?
    11-09-10 09:37 PM
    She's definitely on BES
    11-09-10 10:47 PM
    Since the MMS can be monitored would this mean that messenger messages can be monitored? Its not that she is doing anything wrong but I wouldn't want her to send any personal info if it can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 07:49 AM
    Yes they can log and monitor the messages.
    11-10-10 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD