is there a way to send a text message to a phone from a computer?
    01-13-09 12:13 AM
    Yep go to the website for the carrier and there should be a spot for sending a text message.
    01-13-09 12:49 AM
    01-13-09 12:52 AM
    Yeah I've been texting my girlfriend for a few months via e-mail from my computer and iPod until I get my new Blackberry. It works fine as long as you keep refreshing your inbox. Sometimes the texts are late though
    01-13-09 02:20 AM
    I think there is also a capability within Gmail to do it.
    01-13-09 02:40 AM
    01-13-09 06:54 AM
    Cool.. worked! I guess there is a character limit on text messages. I sent a text message "test" from my work email, in which I have my Signature (all my company contact infor - name, address, phone, etc....).. well the text message i sent to my phone came over in four separate text messages.. the first one had the bulk of the text message, the second one cut off some of the signature, the third one more of the signature and the fourth the balance of the signature.

Guess I wont be adding my signature if I sent future text messages via my computer..

Thanks for the help everyone.
    01-13-09 03:46 PM
    You can also send a text message right from Outlook. Open Outlook and go to 'Tools', then 'Options' At the bottom, choose 'Mobile options' and go through the setup.

Note: not all carriers are supported, check for yours.
    01-13-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD