FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Self-Destructing SMS Text Messaging Application For BlackBerry Phones
    Available From BigString Corporation

Also Permits Sending Emoticons & Offers Advanced Grouping Features

RED BANK, NJ, October 22, 2008 � A new Short Message Service (SMS) text messaging application for BlackBerry phones that permits both personal and business users to send self-destructing text messages and pictures, has been released by BigString Corporation (OTCBB: BSGC). In addition to providing BigString�s self-destructing features to SMS text users, the application also permits sending self-destructing messages to multiple recipients through the application�s group feature and sending graphic rich messages including animated emoticons. The new application is called SMS Eraser.

The self-destruction timing of messages is determined by the sender. A message can be set to self-destruct in as little as fifteen seconds or after a set number of views. The message will disappear in real time simultaneously from both the sending and receiving IM screens. Once the message self-destructs it cannot be recovered. BigString�s BlackBerry SMS Eraser is currently priced at $29.95 and can be downloaded at BigString�s website or at one of several third-party global BlackBerry application distributors such as Handango, Crackberry, MobiHand, SmartPhone.net and Youpark.

�Our BlackBerry SMS Eraser allows the fast-growing mobile messaging market to use our self-destructing text messaging and picture applications,� stated Darin Myman, President and CEO of BigString Corporation. He added that �Mobile phones are fast becoming the main source of both personal and business communication for many people. BigString�s move into the mobile phone messaging market will expand both the availability and use of our proprietary self-destructing messaging platforms.�

About BigString

BigString Corporation, owner and operator of BigString.com, is the developer of a messaging technology that allows a user to send recallable, erasable and self-destructing emails, instant messages (IM), and videos. The company�s BigString product is a communication service for both individuals and businesses that allows users to send, recall, erase, self-destruct, track and modify messages after they have been sent through its patent pending technology. BigString users have unprecedented control over all of their messaging communications on their computers and mobile devices, whether they choose to send IMs, emails or videos, and, in addition to control, BigString�s communication platform gives its users unprecedented privacy and security on all messages sent. For more information, visit the corporate website.

Forward-Looking Statements

Statements about the future expectations of BigString Corporation, and all other statements in this press release other than historical facts, are �forward-looking statements� within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. BigString Corporation intends that such forward-looking statements shall be subject to the safe harbors created thereby. Since these statements involve certain risks and uncertainties and are subject to change at any time, BigString Corporation�s actual results could differ materially from expected results.

###
    10-22-08 09:05 AM
    wow, that is pretty cool indeed! I'd love to try that out! :P
    10-22-08 09:40 AM
    wow that may save a few peoples a$$....lol
    10-22-08 11:59 AM
    That sounds really cool and ITA .. will save some ppl from getting in trouble. LOL
    10-22-08 04:41 PM
    Self destructing on the device maybe.

That won't prevent people, such as myself, who have access to ALL aspects of my corporate account.

I can view everything on each individual account, call logs, as well as SMS logs by calling the carrier and asking them to send me the history for such account.

That only protects offending users from prying eyes of their significant other and their parents who probably pay the bill and snoop in their kid's phones.
    10-22-08 05:07 PM

That won't prevent people, such as myself, who have access to ALL aspects of my corporate account.

I can view everything on each individual account, call logs, as well as SMS logs by calling the carrier and asking them to send me the history for such account.

That only protects offending users from prying eyes of their significant other and their parents who probably pay the bill and snoop in their kid's phones.
    If you are able to retrieve the logs of the message from your carrier, you would be able to retrieve the structure of the destructing message (the time it was sent, the person it was sent to), but you would not be able to retrieve the actual message as it never resided in the carriers system.
    10-23-08 09:09 AM
    I don't see the point in this to tell ya the truth!
    10-23-08 09:10 AM
    If you are able to retrieve the logs of the message from your carrier, you would be able to retrieve the structure of the destructing message (the time it was sent, the person it was sent to), but you would not be able to retrieve the actual message as it never resided in the carriers system.
    This program doesn't reach into the carrier's systems and remove the message from there.

I have seen SMS chat's as requested by me from ATT and Verizon. This software merely destroy's the message on the device itself.

If this software went into the carrier's systems and removed the SMS from their logs, that's a serious breach of security and one I'm sure the carriers would like to know about.
    10-23-08 09:58 AM
    It will not reach into the carriers system..
    10-23-08 04:11 PM
    and what does this mean for me?
    sounds like a program for stalkers and people trying to send spam why wouldn't u want a sms to stay if you sent it?
    I smell a bad circuit

and $29.99?
    10-23-08 07:16 PM
    It was cool until i saw the price tag

These things should be free for bb addicts!
    10-25-08 09:56 AM
    So, did anyone try this app out and gotten it to work? I did the trail but it doesnt seem to work at all. Anyone else.
    10-25-08 08:37 PM
    Oh, and does anyone know how long is the trail for?
    10-25-08 08:40 PM
    I don't like the idea of this device. So if I send someone a harassing text and have it self destruct after one view, they can't track it. Just a bad idea for people like that in the world. Just my $.02 though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 09:01 PM
    So, did anyone try this app out and gotten it to work? I did the trail but it doesnt seem to work at all. Anyone else.
    Some carriers require special configuration of TCP settings in order for the application to work. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected] with your phone type and carrier information and we can help you get the application working.
    10-26-08 01:28 AM
    I was really curious and I tried it as well and it doesn't seem to work. What I also noticed was that my email indicator light would just keep blinking red non stop regardless of opening any new emails. I deleted the program and the indicator worked normally again.
    10-26-08 08:44 AM

The only thing you might be able to get would be a sent to and received from log. No text message without a court order.
    10-28-08 01:20 PM
    Yup.. you can thank the lazy American's who'd rather be sue happy and get easy money than work.

If a company is PAYING for the device, 100%, what gives users the right to use it for personal use? They should not have a SINGLE right.. but because court's think that because the message isn't stored on the company servers, that it's not company property, even though the COMPANY is paying for it.

So if a company is paying a 3rd party company to host Exchange email, what's next? whiney people complaining about this and sueing because of this?

It's absurd.
    10-28-08 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD