Hi, i know this question has been asked before but i didnt really see it exactly like mine. I just got a verizon bb curve 8330, and when opening up sms it take one or two seconds. is that normal, or is there something wrong? i have my bb set to clear things every hour, and set the threads to one when viewing an sms. Please help. Hope i was clear. thanks
    02-04-09 05:26 PM
    It's more of a memory thing. How much free device memory do you have? This consists of many things.

-if you're actually using an SD card
    -the number of apps you're running
    -if some apps cause memory leaks that make the phone lag the way you said it is when opening up SMS
    02-04-09 05:28 PM
    Aye its a memory thing I am guessing as well. Pull the battery if your free memory is low and that should sort it. Facebook or viigo if you have either could cause issues so keep an eye on those. Make sure you close out apps (menu - close) when you are done etc. Post back if the issue does not go away after a battery pull
    02-04-09 05:49 PM
    thanks for the answers and i did the battery pull. sometimes its slow sometimes its not. i set it to delete messages after three days i think, and i even went to security setting and ran the memory cleaner. i have 31518343 bytes of file free left. i have no idea what that means though, also is there a way to get responses to this sent to my email. thanks for the help
    02-19-09 02:42 PM
    31xx..... is more than enough, this issue is not memory related IMO. You can subscribe to this thread up top under thread tools.
    02-19-09 02:44 PM
    so if its not memory any idea what it could be.. thanks for the help
    02-22-09 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD