First let me say that while I am new to the forum, I am not new to the site or Blackberry by any means. I am excited to be a part of Crackberry.

Okay moving on. I am a career firefighter/paramedic, our dispatch center recently purchased and implemented the ability to send pages out to our phones via SMS. I have opted into this program to try and avoid carrying a super cool pager around on my days off. I would like to have the ability to differentiate between my dispatch center pages and normal SMS text messages.

This is a two part problem...First, when I receive pages they are numbered in sequence, however, part of the sender number will always stay the same. For example, the last 3 pages I received were 1010100141...1010100140...1010100139
    My question here is how to get my phone to recognize the pages and give them there own ringtone using an application or otherwise.

I appreciate any help.

Paramedic/Truckie And Loving Every Second
    ENGINE 16 - RESCUE 3 - TRUCK 16 - MEDIC 16 - BATTALION 3
    10-07-09 11:13 PM
    You have to have your paging system setup via SMTP... it will come to your BB as an email sms. You can then save that email address in your phone and change your alert for that contact. This is how mine is set up.

I set up my fire stations system like this.

Go to: InfoRad Wireless Solutions

This is how I set up mine through Inforad. Depending on your dispatch centers paging software. You can have them set up paging SMTP. Which software are they using? I can see if you can do it.
    11-14-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD