Ok I have a few questions that I have not been able to answer looking through the shortcut threads.

1.) Is there a way to jump right to composing an sms message? I text a lot and I want the convienince of pushing one button to start a text, kind of like pushing c to compose an email. Does this exist?

2.) is there a way to auto spell check my sms messages before I send? Again this feature is available for email I see, but I'm not sure if there is a way to set it up for texting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yours kindly,
    tom
    07-28-08 09:46 AM
    Ok I have a few questions that I have not been able to answer looking through the shortcut threads.

1.) Is there a way to jump right to composing an sms message? I text a lot and I want the convienince of pushing one button to start a text, kind of like pushing c to compose an email. Does this exist?

2.) is there a way to auto spell check my sms messages before I send? Again this feature is available for email I see, but I'm not sure if there is a way to set it up for texting.

Yours kindly,
    tom
    1) Yes, there is a free app called qSMS!! It is, by far, the best way to quickly compose SMS

2) I am not sure, unless you use a third party app like Empower's spell check, I think that does SMS
    07-28-08 09:51 AM

Yours kindly,
    tom
    for 2) Options/Spell Check/"Spell Check email before sending" also checks SMS and PINs, at least the version on my 4.2.2.176 8830 does.
    07-28-08 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD