So i put my z10 on charge and left it under the pillow and slept for about 3 hours
    I wake, put my hands under the pillow and get burned
    The phone was so hot i couldn't hold it in my hand
    Does anyone know wtf just happened
    Knowing that i always charge it over night with the same charger, and i always place it under the pillow
    And does anyone knows if this have damaged the phone or battery in anyway
    Thanks for ur time
    04-09-13 01:06 PM
    Why exactly would you put it under your pillow...? The phone needs to dissipate heat. As the phone is charged, it generates heat due to resistances in the circuit, which leads to even more heat and an eventual spiraling of resistance and heat until it gets super hot like you experienced. Next time, allow the phone (or any piece of electronics) to dissipate its heat.
    04-09-13 01:08 PM
    Yea I don't understad why you would keep it under the pillow.

Anyways that probably shouldn't be happening even if you leave it under the pillow.

I would try a different battery and charger. If that does't work, replace the entire device.

My Z10 gets somewhat hot after a lot of use, but never hot enough to not be able to touch or pick it up.
    04-09-13 01:12 PM
    You should never put anything with a Li-Ion battery in your bed, and especially under your pillow, or with anything flammable. Under a failure condition, they burn hot, and they burn quick.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-09-13 01:12 PM
    Thanks guys but I always keep it there
    Ita been a month and a half and it always been charging there
    This is the first time this happens
    Gonna stop doing it anyway
    But I need to know if this has damaged the phone or the battery :'(
    04-09-13 01:20 PM
    Just like a car or anything enclosed. I'm sure it just merely needed some air. I'd suggest not doing that again anytime soon...

Posted via Navi's CB10
    04-09-13 01:27 PM
    Thanks guys but I always keep it there
    Ita been a month and a half and it always been charging there
    This is the first time this happens
    Gonna stop doing it anyway
    But I need to know if this has damaged the phone or the battery :'(
    Does the phone still work? You can always get an insurance replacement (if you have insurance for the device) or bring it to your local store and see if a tech in there can look over it.

Open the battery door. Do it look like anything melted?
    04-09-13 01:43 PM
    This happened in February with my 9900. Always kept it under my one pillow which I don't use on my bed and then I woke up to grab it, and I actually got a burn. I pulled the battery and let it cool Down eg an hour later I put it in and had 50% left.

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    04-09-13 01:45 PM
    Avt yes the phone still works and since am in Iraq, no insurance nor blackberry techs are available
    I never counted battery life
    But is 4 hours of browsing and using whatsapp enough to fully drain the battery ?
    04-09-13 01:52 PM
    The only time my Z10 gets hot is when playing games and the GPU is running hard. It sounds like either an app is running in the background, or the radios are working to try to get signal (data, wifi, or GPS) .

Posted via CB10
    asherwiin likes this.
    04-09-13 02:20 PM
    I leave my Z10 under my pillow for the berry fairy to leave 10 bucks and some berry dust while I sleep

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 02:34 PM
    Mine did this last week. It was sitting on my desk (not charging). I went to pick it up and nearly dropped it because it was so hot. The screen was black and locked up. All I could do was pull the battery. Not sure what caused it, but it did scare the cr@p out of me!
    It's been working fine since, but like you I am concerned of any damage it may have caused.
    04-09-13 02:39 PM
    but like you I am concerned of any damage it may have caused.
    I feel you
    04-09-13 02:51 PM
    I dropped mine in the toilet and it got
    wet. Strange that you have this problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:14 PM
    Why was it in the toilet in the first place?
    04-09-13 03:17 PM
    And do u always drop it in the toilet without it getting wet?
    Sarcasm level : fail
    04-09-13 03:24 PM
    Ok, I gotta know...why are some of you putting your phone under your pillow in the first place? Nobody's said why they do this. Is this some OCD ritualistic practice or for security or what?

It's just never crossed my mind to put my phone under a pillow. The fridge maybe...
    04-09-13 03:39 PM
    what is going on here
    cjcampbell and jesse_h like this.
    04-09-13 03:40 PM
    It might be a good option to get a new battery, just incase it was damaged. Even if it seems to works, you don't want to keep charging a damaged battery.

And another good option is to never place any powered on electronic devices under pillows or blankets or etc. This is especially true for charging devices! You are lucky you didn't cause a fire or even a small battery explosion!
    04-09-13 03:52 PM
    Seriously people, why under the pillow? I keep mine neatly propped up on the desk beside me in bedside mode (love the brightness of the clock, btw! It's perfect for sleeping!!!). Needs ventilation!
    04-09-13 03:54 PM
    Ok, I gotta know...why are some of you putting your phone under your pillow in the first place? Nobody's said why they do this. Is this some OCD ritualistic practice or for security or what?

It's just never crossed my mind to put my phone under a pillow. The fridge maybe...
    Never crossed my mind but maybe as you said: for security so nobody steals it (hey, people sleep with loaded guns under their pillows for "protection" (which is fine if your pillow is bullet proof and you don't sleep next to anyone).

Or maybe it is to listen to music? I could have sworn I seen "pillow speakers" on TV somewhere.

I don't know, all I know is that this damages the wallet and possibly the person. Hopefully lesson is learned
    04-09-13 03:59 PM
    I would never recommend covering it up!! It will keep all of heat differectly on the phone.
    04-09-13 04:06 PM
    Avt yes the phone still works and since am in Iraq, no insurance nor blackberry techs are available
    I never counted battery life
    But is 4 hours of browsing and using whatsapp enough to fully drain the battery ?
    Depending on your cell connection, yes.
    04-09-13 04:45 PM
    Depending on your cell connection, yes.
    I don't get it
    04-09-13 05:35 PM
    Common sense can go a long way.... Just saying....

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    04-09-13 05:49 PM
43 12