View Poll Results: What kind of user are you?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strictly Business (business relates tasks)

7 9.72%
  • Strictly fun

4 5.56%
  • Strictly to keep in touch

25 34.72%
  • I'm new to this whole smartphone stuff....

3 4.17%
  • Some Where in the Middle!

33 45.83%
05-04-12 05:25 AM
44 12
tools
    I didn't vote cause I use it for all of the above and since it was "strictly" for one particular usage I feel like I wouldn't fit into the categories.
    03-20-11 03:01 PM
    QUOTE=sedalia066;6144434]Sorry your experience is so poor. Torch remains the best device ever for my needs, two other BBs in the family and other smart phones of the past do not come close.

Lots of us viewers cannot see the poll. WAP limits our access. ;(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Use the default view and you can vote and use the emoticons. Your Torch can handle this.
    To the OP you have asked a great question. I still believe the Bold can't be topped, anything that has been done to "improve" on it results in significant compromises.[/QUOTE]

Rude. How were we supposed even know there WAS a poll? Most of us don't make a habit of pulling up the mobile site and regular site to see if something is absent from one or the other.

Manners, people!

-Stephen

BlackStormRising likes this.
    03-20-11 03:02 PM
    I didn't vote cause I use it for all of the above and since it was "strictly" for one particular usage I feel like I wouldn't fit into the categories.
    Same goes for me. Could not fit into any one category.
    03-20-11 03:18 PM
    What exactly is sad about this?

-Stephen

Sad in the sense that, sometimes ill be with a group of friends at home or at a restaurant and notice that we ALL have our phones out instead of conversing with one another ...

I'm trying to make it a habit to not take out my phone at the table or when dining out
    03-21-11 01:45 PM
    Sad in the sense that, sometimes ill be with a group of friends at home or at a restaurant and notice that we ALL have our phones out instead of conversing with one another ...

I'm trying to make it a habit to not take out my phone at the table or when dining out
    Text/chat/BBM each other at the table, problem solved...
    03-21-11 01:52 PM
    Well, my business BB is strictly business. I only use it to call home/husband in an extreme emergency, like my personal phone is unavailable (it has a camera so it has to be locked outside the building.)
    My personal BB is mainly for staying in touch and organised. This does include some banking, ordering/shopping, and some browsing. However, even though I finally broke down and loaded some music on it I don't listen to it on my phone. God created iPods for music, so that's what I use.
    03-21-11 03:24 PM
    I didn't know how to vote, since I use mine for business, as well as play.

I can pretty much run my entire business without being in my office. When I need something that I don't have an app or web page for, I just log into the office computer and run it remotely. I just wish there was a way to code/compile apps on a tablet - then I'd be all set for work.

When I'm not using it for work, I'm still on my device. Whether it is chatting with people (I'm a social networking junkie), playing games, checking forums, websites, and/or listening to music, it seems to sit in my hand more than in its holster.

So, I guess I can't say I use my device strictly for any specific thing in the list. Maybe "All of the Above"?
    03-21-11 04:28 PM
    I use it for strictly everything EXCEPT work. My BB is MINE, not my company's. Well, frak, I guess I do make the occasional call on it for work-related stuffs...*sighs and shuffles down from high horse*
    03-21-11 04:42 PM
    My option wasn't there so I added it! Some where in the middle.
    03-21-11 10:55 PM
    I hit somewhere in the middle because I use it for business, fun and also to stay in touch.
    03-22-11 08:14 AM
    I check somewhere in the middle even though I don't use my bb for business I mainly use it to have a phone, no land line here. The rest is just extra stuff I can do.
    03-22-11 08:26 AM
    97 views and 7 votes...sigh
    That's cause the poll options are pretty bad.
    03-23-11 06:20 AM
    I am a very dense mix. If someone has a question about a product we sell or use ill look it up. If i need to use the calculator i always reach for my phone. 95% of all my phone calls and 37% of my texts are business related, my dad is inept at texting and he's lucky he can use the phone feature on his Samsung rugby. then in the middle i use my phone as a hard-drive/mobile doc editor. then at the very other end i use it to watch movies, visit crackberry, and listen to music. This will only get worse with my playbook.
    But yeah i use it despite it being 100% mine for work and play. It kinda made things easier and a bit more interesting. IMO because i got drawn in finally to the smart-phone world i don't game at all anymore. This has changed my personality, damn you crackberry!
    Last edited by drethos; 03-23-11 at 06:32 AM.
    03-23-11 06:30 AM
    Pk, once again you hit the nail on the head...."some where in the middle" is perfect for how I use my Blackberry 9650. Some days more business some days more pleasure.....but everyday is a BLACKBERRY day
    03-23-11 10:00 AM

Oh, well that's a good point. I agree with that, but I hope that manners come in time with this new technology. On the other hand, one would note that different families have different ideas about what is polite when watching such (relatively) older media technologies like the TV, so....maybe it'll never get sorted out! You might be right. I think to give up more

I think it would be a tragedy to give up this type of human interaction for the benefits of smartphones. There are benefits, but...they hardly seem worth the trade, if it comes to that. :-(

03-27-11 07:09 PM
    I like Blackberry because Blackberry services are some of the last major corporate services where a person can have reasonable expectation of privacy and security. Google saves your entire life on android and even scans your emails so it can sell you ads. Iphone does not tell you the permissions each app is given for third parties or apple itself.I have a torch strictly for work but My main phone is an iphone 4 but i dont currently have a data plan but when i turn off wifi, everytime i start to text i get the pop up that says my wifi isn't on. Clearly something is trying to access the web while im trying to text but i don't know what even after deleting a bunch of apps i cant find the culprit. I would feel more secure with a blackberry, but ive had a horrible experience with their reliability and they currently don't have a phone worth buying on the market. Lets all cross our fingers that this bb10 does well.
    05-03-12 09:05 PM
    Somewhere in the middle.

Because I write about 20 'business' emails on it a day, but I also use Facebook on it (and Street Fighter Alpha).

So I guess that's the only option for me.
    05-04-12 01:04 AM
    My 9930 is my personal work/play multitasker. From the office to the golf course....my bold is my buddy!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-04-12 02:00 AM
    I like Blackberry because Blackberry services are some of the last major corporate services where a person can have reasonable expectation of privacy and security. Google saves your entire life on android and even scans your emails so it can sell you ads. Iphone does not tell you the permissions each app is given for third parties or apple itself.I have a torch strictly for work but My main phone is an iphone 4 but i dont currently have a data plan but when i turn off wifi, everytime i start to text i get the pop up that says my wifi isn't on. Clearly something is trying to access the web while im trying to text but i don't know what even after deleting a bunch of apps i cant find the culprit. I would feel more secure with a blackberry, but ive had a horrible experience with their reliability and they currently don't have a phone worth buying on the market. Lets all cross our fingers that this bb10 does well.
    1: A couple of questions. Does Blackberry tell the permissions each app is given?
    2: If your iphone has no data plan and you turn off wifi, how do you expect to send a text message? Doesn't SMS require a GSM connection?

One thing of note from Apple iOS manual:
    Note: SMS and MMS require a cellular connection, and may not be available in all areas. Cellular
    data charges or additional fees may apply.

I could be wrong, if someone else has more knowledge please jump in.
    05-04-12 05:25 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD