Haha I'm sure I'll be labelled as such, and the sad thing is I couldn't be further from it. My last 3 phones were all BlackBerrys and I wouldn't even say I'd never go back. Hopefully everyone else be able to see I'm just trying to inform, and if not you can't win them all I guess.
    lol. Anything you say that isn't positive about BBs or one ups a BB on this forum automatically labels you as an Apple fanboy or fandroid. It's sad really.

I put the Apple symbol in my sig when I had used my BBs before I had an iPhone and no one ever said ANYTHING. The day my device model changed to Apple iPhone 3G, I was considered a fanboy right away. Meanwhile I only own 4 Apple products (one of which I gave to someone when I bought my MacBook Pro) and am only registered on one Apple based lol.
    Phil DeLong likes this.
    07-29-11 05:55 PM
    lies! this cant be true
    I know. Only blackberry users make it through an entire day
    Phil DeLong likes this.
    07-29-11 05:57 PM
    lol. Anything you say that isn't positive about BBs or one ups a BB on this forum automatically labels you as an Apple fanboy or fandroid. It's sad really.

I put the Apple symbol in my sig when I had used my BBs before I had an iPhone and no one ever said ANYTHING. The day my device model changed to Apple iPhone 3G, I was considered a fanboy right away. Meanwhile I only own 4 Apple products (one of which I gave to someone when I bought my MacBook Pro) and am only registered on one Apple based lol.
    I stay here for the community personally. Some rotten apples but mostly the greatest community on the whole network if you ask me. I personally don't subscribe to the belief that each person can only be loyal to one company.
    avt123 likes this.
    07-29-11 05:58 PM
    I stay here for the community personally. Some rotten apples but mostly the greatest community on the whole network if you ask me. I personally don't subscribe to the belief that each person can only be loyal to one company.
    Exactly. I like CB the best. I love when people call me a fanboy because if Apple, RIM or Google all stopped making devices/software, I really wouldn't give a ****. I would adapt and find the next best thing I like and suits my needs.

I've jumped around from BBs, iPhones and Android devices so much in the past few years and actually understand the benefits of each platform and all their limitations, that at this point being called a fanboy is just humorous.
    Phil DeLong and K Bear like this.
    07-29-11 06:03 PM
    Exactly. I like CB the best. I love when people call me a fanboy because if Apple, RIM or Google all stopped making devices/software, I really wouldn't give a ****. I would adapt and find the next best thing I like and suits my needs.

I've jumped around from BBs, iPhones and Android devices so much in the past few years and actually understand the benefits of each platform and all their limitations, that at this point being called a fanboy is just humorous.
    Yup, I simply go with the company that can fit my needs the best. And I fully understand that for many people, BlackBerry will always fill their needs perfectly, and I'm totally fine with that. I by no means want RIM or anyone to go out of business, it doesn't matter to me as I have no vendetta against them, therefore I don't see how I could be trolling.

BlackBerry has a strong foot in business, and for some people it can't be matched. Apple has what I would say is the best app ecosystem, and I love the open nature of Android. Personally I love there being competition, it will always yield the best results for everyone, regardless of their needs.
    avt123 likes this.
    07-29-11 06:06 PM
    Yup, I simply go with the company that can fit my needs the best. And I fully understand that for many people, BlackBerry will always fill their needs perfectly, and I'm totally fine with that. I by no means want RIM or anyone to go out of business, it doesn't matter to me as I have no vendetta against them, therefore I don't see how I could be trolling.

BlackBerry has a strong foot in business, and for some people it can't be matched. Apple has what I would say is the best app ecosystem, and I love the open nature of Android. Personally I love there being competition, it will always yield the best results for everyone, regardless of their needs.
    Exactly. I prefer for all of them to remain in the game because the more competition the better. That is why I am happy that Microsoft is trying to make a big comeback with WP7. Although I am not interested in it at all, the fact that there is another powerhouse in the game to help push the limits is a wonderful thing.
    07-29-11 06:08 PM
    Exactly. I prefer for all of them to remain in the game because the more competition the better. That is why I am happy that Microsoft is trying to make a big comeback with WP7. Although I am not interested in it at all, the fact that there is another powerhouse in the game to help push the limits is a wonderful thing.
    And talk about a hail mary for Windows. If you wanna talk about a dying OS, you don't have to look much further than the old windows phones haha. They've made an amazing comeback with WP7.
    K Bear and avt123 like this.
    07-29-11 06:12 PM
    Haha I'm sure I'll be labelled as such, and the sad thing is I couldn't be further from it. My last 3 phones were all BlackBerrys and I wouldn't even say I'd never go back. Hopefully everyone else be able to see I'm just trying to inform, and if not you can't win them all I guess.
    They won't because you speak the truth. But, they cant live without their Android Player for their Playbook. :S
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-29-11 06:13 PM
    They won't because you speak the truth. But, they cant live without their Android Player for their Playbook. :S
    Haven't loaded it on mine and don't plan to. When it shows up for real and part of the OS, fine, but I don't want to spend time tinkering with Android, or any OS for that matter, just want stuff to work seamless.
    07-29-11 06:18 PM
    And talk about a hail mary for Windows. If you wanna talk about a dying OS, you don't have to look much further than the old windows phones haha. They've made an amazing comeback with WP7.
    Yea WP7 definitely has a lot of potential. The next few years are going to be very exciting in mobile technology.
    07-29-11 06:21 PM
    Haven't loaded it on mine and don't plan to. When it shows up for real and part of the OS, fine, but I don't want to spend time tinkering with Android, or any OS for that matter, just want stuff to work seamless.
    That's why I left Blackberry & went Android. If Blackberrys ever regain seamless use, I'll be back.
    07-29-11 06:21 PM
    Now you know why people use iPhones.... because everything just works out the box Shocking, isn't it?
    K Bear likes this.
    07-29-11 06:25 PM
    I appreciated the premise of the video (i.e. Different phones suit diferent users), but I had a hard time digesting its characterization of Blackberries' capabilities. There's more to the Blackberry 9800 than push e-mail and a physical keyboarding. The part about not being able to navigate the web and Facebook was blatantly misleading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 06:39 PM
    I've been around long to have had a BB when they were just an email device. Since that time I've had ever mobile device under the sun. I was with BB the past few years, windows mobile before that, but I wanted a change. Will I come back to BB? Probably when they get an LTE device and one can only wish mobile hotspot capablities.
    07-29-11 06:42 PM
    maybe its just me, but I dont see a lot of guys using an iPhone....its more like a "chick" phone.
    07-29-11 07:21 PM
    maybe its just me, but I dont see a lot of guys using an iPhone....its more like a "chickz" phone.
    Absolutely uncalled for!
    07-29-11 07:26 PM
    maybe its just me, but I dont see a lot of guys using an iPhone....its more like a "chick" phone.
    Yeah, it's just you

Only kidding. I would say that more females probably use iPhones more than any other 1 device but I highly doubt there are more female iPhone users than male iphone users overall.

But help me out, what's a chick phone again?
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 07-29-11 at 07:46 PM.
    07-29-11 07:28 PM
    Yeah, it's just you

Only kidding. I would say that more females probably use iPhones more than any other 1 device but I highly doubt there are more female iPhone users overall.

But help me out, what's a chick phone again?
    I would love to know what a chick phone is supposed to be. Should I be rocking something other than an Inspire because I'm female?
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-29-11 07:43 PM
    I would love to know what a chick phone is supposed to be. Should I be rocking something other than an Inspire because I'm female?
    Yeah me too. There were things out a while ago that RIM's largest market besides corporate/business users were teenagers. So does that make it a kids' phone? Just more nonsense that people spew so they can feel better about their decisions.

On another note, there were "studies" that said iPhone users get laid more and have more sex partners than any other smartphone platform, male or female. So what does that prove? Nothing.
    07-29-11 07:49 PM
    Yeah me too. There were things out a while ago that RIM's largest market besides corporate/business users were teenagers. So does that make it a kids' phone? Just more nonsense that people spew so they can feel better about their decisions.

On another note, there were "studies" that said iPhone users get laid more and have more sex partners than any other smartphone platform, male or female. So what does that prove? Nothing.
    People will say anything when they don't have facts to back their side up. But, I will say that the study on teens and Blackberry wasn't that far off. Many teens recieve hand me down devices, so its not surprising that Blackberrys went viral among that population. Add to that the advertising of BBM & OS6 to that crowd, the hypothesis isn't without merit. But to say that a device is only for x class, x gender is absurd.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-29-11 08:05 PM
    People will say anything when they don't have facts to back their side up. But, I will say that the study on teens and Blackberry wasn't that far off. Many teens recieve hand me down devices, so its not surprising that Blackberrys went viral among that population. Add to that the advertising of BBM & OS6 to that crowd, the hypothesis isn't without merit. But to say that a device is only for x class, x gender is absurd.
    Agreed. I don't think it's that absurd with the BB teenager thing. You can get them cheap and they are great communication devices which mostly is what teens want to do.... be connected. But I certainly wouldn't call it a kids' phone because of that. Just like I would not classify any other device to a specific group of people, unless of course that group actually dominates the use of it. But otherwise, it's just rubbish.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 07-29-11 at 08:20 PM.
    K Bear likes this.
    07-29-11 08:12 PM
    Now you know why people use iPhones.... because everything just works out the box Shocking, isn't it?
    I have Apple products. I don't own any windows computers now cause they just don't work, but macs do. That said my Playbook has worked out of the box Bridge and all, my BB phones all have too (even though my Tour is on its last leg now).

Android and iPhone do not fit my needs of being highly efficient and frugal devices to travel with Internationally. I need this and BB delivers. I use my BB overseas all the time. I know people that turn off their iPhones data when on travel and only on when they need it because they've been killed with awful bills, and these are people with their own companies that I've seen blow thousands at a bar in a single night. That said those guys love their iPhones because they don't travel as much as I have too, and they are developing apps for them.

I'm liking what I'm seeing with the new BBM integration into apps and what I'm seeing with the new OS7 devices being posted. I think that RIM will have strong sales for the rest of the year after they get these phones out. Some people have left, but a lot of people are waiting for these phones, and some will wait longer still for QNX.
    07-29-11 10:01 PM
    I thought the message of the video was spot on, which is to each his or her own. People have different viewpoints and needs. You can do nearly everything on one that you can the other. It is just how it gets done.

I will say that I thought the statements and characterizations in the video were absurd. A BB does not only do email. An iPhone does not only do music and games. Those implications from the video were down right stupid. It diminished a good message to me.

I have owned BB, iOS, and now Android. All 3 have their strengths. As a closing note, the battery life argument is not true anymore. If you compare full touch screen devices, then newer phones match my Storm2 with more power. If you compare keyboard devices, then the same. We have people with Droid Pro's with fantastic batter life and a great physical keyboard. It is not as black and white as it used to be. My Droid Incredible 2 gives me up to 2 days of good use. A BB with a keyboard however kills a full touch screen phone in battery life, no matter the brand.
    Last edited by dbw1000; 07-30-11 at 09:39 AM.
    K Bear likes this.
    07-30-11 09:37 AM
    Palm tried marketing the Pre specifically toward women and created one of the creepiest commercials of all time.

The Palm Pre Commercials : Creepy and Sexist
    07-30-11 11:20 AM
    Palm tried marketing the Pre specifically toward women and created one of the creepiest commercials of all time.

The Palm Pre Commercials : Creepy and Sexist
    Lol yea those commercials freaked me out.
    07-30-11 11:28 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD