Not to mention that it is an area that Apple at least seems quite serious about. I don't know about any specific Android vendors but you can bet Microsoft is also gearing up for this market. A specialized phone is the least of concerns without BBRY having the support system to actually compete. Same argument would go for any putative tablet (which would make a lot more sense for looking at scans than a phone would)
    If apple was serious about it they would be pouring more money into security as well, that is where they are always losing and health care needs security!

Blackberry needs to get back in there and show what the health care was missing going elsewhere, security and durability. Not good if heart monitors need to be unplugged because someone needs to constantly charge an ipad!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 08:14 AM
    If apple was serious about it they would be pouring more money into security as well, that is where they are always losing and health care needs security!

Blackberry needs to get back in there and show what the health care was missing going elsewhere, security and durability. Not good if heart monitors need to be unplugged because someone needs to constantly charge an ipad!

Posted via CB10
    Like has been said...iPad's have been in heavy use since 2010. No problems. You're talking about what Apple needs to do to get "serious."

You can't see they've already walked away with this market segment?
    04-20-14 10:17 AM
    Does health care need a smartphone? Or is the Tablet really the better device format for this field?

When the PlayBook was being first shown off they had some I guess mock ups of different medical uses....but that was three years ago.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 12:03 PM
    Looks like Blackberry and NantHealth owner go way back. Attachment 263647
    So this is another thing that TH started but Chen finished and thus gets the credit for? I'm not saying that Chen shouldn't get credit for closing the deal, just that people need to remember that TH did a lot of good things for BlackBerry too

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 04:59 PM
    BlackBerry still.had major execution problems under Heins and repeatedly missed deadlines. Thats stopped under Chen. Best ideas are just ideas if you can't implement them

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 05:13 PM
    BlackBerry still.had major execution problems under Heins and repeatedly missed deadlines. Thats stopped under Chen. Best ideas are just ideas if you can't implement them

Posted via CB10
    I would say that the execution problems were greatly reduced under Heins and appear to have been even further improved under Chen (though it's still a bit early to tell as there hasn't been anything released yet under his tenure)

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 05:51 PM
    Does health care need a smartphone? Or is the Tablet really the better device format for this field?

When the PlayBook was being first shown off they had some I guess mock ups of different medical uses....but that was three years ago.

Posted via CB10
    Yes a smaller tablet that would fit into a lab coat pocket would be the ideal. Phones tend to be dual use (business/personal) where a business tablet that is used by multiple persons with a biometric login can be left at the office without changing ones personal activities.
    04-21-14 03:10 PM
    My wife does most everything on her S4, many of her partners use the Note 3. If I had to guess, at our 250 provider clinic/hospital, most would prefer a phablet so that they would only need to worry about one device. They have enough other issues to deal with that are not health care related such "use your imagination".

I know my wife would like to see a 6" screened device that would do it all.
    04-24-14 04:28 PM
33 12