Why are they called smart phones?

My old 'dumb' phone could restrict calls not in my contacts be sent straight to voicemail.

I could assign ringtones to groups or categories.

Don't get me wrong, it does do some really cool stuff. But it seems like whenever I want to do something, you have to download an app and it cost $$$.

The which looks to work best to restrict calls cost $50.

Just wish they took your basic flip phone features and add to it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 10:42 AM
    my wish too.
    01-20-10 11:34 AM
    My biggest complaint is how they are not user friendly. Every time I mention this everyone always says just give it a couple of weeks and you will be fine........

01-20-10 02:26 PM
    There a app on the home screen to restrict calls plus more and I know it isn't $50 lol. And you can assign ringtones and pictures to contacts.

Then again, BBs aren't for everyone.

01-20-10 03:22 PM
    VDK, can you direct me to it?

i've poked around and have not found it...
    01-20-10 11:32 PM
    Smartphones are more about the other features than the phone. Basically doing things that would have required a PC.

Email, Web browsing, viewing/editing Office documents, managing appointments, etc. are features that smartphones have that regular cellphones do not.

The phone is the feature I use the least on my BlackBerry. I've used 725 MB of data in 6 days, but I've only talked for 10 minutes.
    01-20-10 11:37 PM
    Smartphones by definition is a device that has a phone function, but also has a complex operating system that allows third party apps to be written and to be run.
    01-21-10 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD