Any word if we will see small form factor phone with BB OS 10?

I am not especially looking for a low end phone, but I would want one which is more pocketable than my current iPhone 4. Probably a 3" display and no keypad.

I also have a Playbook and I love it, what would make me really happy is a small Blackberry based on the same OS.
    12-20-12 06:34 AM
    I strongly doubt it.

RIM has been pretty straightforward in making it clear that they won't compete in the low end market.

As for size-small, I don't see that happening either. When you use a touchscreen as your only user interface there is a limit as to how small you can make it. 3.5 inches is close to as small as it can be. At 3 inches you run into problems with buttons and touch targets being too small and readability. Especially when it comes to a smartphone.

I do know one phone where they pulled it off, though... The Palm Veer! It was like 2.8 or 2.6 inches and surprisingly useful. If you don't mind getting it on eBay, you can probably find it there for around 50$!
    12-20-12 07:07 AM
    When did RIM make it clear that they weren't competing in the low end market? All they've said is that at launch they'll have high end devices. The curve line is by far their best line and a lot of the 80 million subscribers are in developing markets (low end markets). I would imagine that a BB10 curve device will launch in the summer along with the update for playbook. My reasoning being hardware specs. For a low end device as well as playbook, you have lower hardware specs than the BB10 launch devices. As for something with a 3" form factor...I highly doubt it.
    12-20-12 07:16 AM
    This is the kind of phone I want, if it is running BB10:
    Xperia mini Specifications | 3 - Sony Smartphones (UK)
    12-20-12 11:28 AM
    That kind of device is just too much of a niche to make it worth their time, their focus will be on providing touch and qwerty experiences at a lower price point as the follow up to the l and n-series launches.
    12-20-12 03:42 PM
    I strongly doubt it. RIM has been pretty straightforward in making it clear that they won't compete in the low end market.
    Except Heins said on Thursday that a few new models of the BlackBerry OS 7 smartphone will be released into developing markets / developing countries. Heins wants the Taliban sheep herders communicating via BlackBerry smartphones. Or something to similar effect...
    12-20-12 11:43 PM
    Except Heins said on Thursday that a few new models of the BlackBerry OS 7 smartphone will be released into developing markets / developing countries. Heins wants the Taliban sheep herders communicating via BlackBerry smartphones. Or something to similar effect...
    Unfortunately this means OS 7 will be used on these low-end phones instead of OS 10. I can wait, hope RIM is successful with OS 10 and they start looking into niche phones in one year maybe.
    12-22-12 05:19 AM
    you're watching too much of Dictator movie...
    last time i check, the taliban sheep herder are currently using BB7 for encrypted bbm and encrypted email.
    now they're racing for 21st January BB10 apps closing to win themselves the USD10k.
    lol

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-22-12 05:47 AM