I am hoping that blackberry will come out with a smaller phone. I have a z10 and find it as big as I can comfortably handle in my hand from a physical dimensions perspective. The z30 seems great, but it is too big for me. Anything bigger is even worse. Anyone else having thumb problems navigating around all these big phones?

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    troubauk, Pcmx, AhmedTSN and 2 others like this.
    03-03-15 08:50 PM
    I too would like a new device around the same size as the Z10. The z10 is the perfect size IMO. Although, the Z30 and subsequent Leap aren't too much bigger that it'd be harder to carry or anything. You may have to use 2 hands to type and stuff though.
    03-03-15 09:00 PM
    I would trade my Q10 for a Curve 8520 or Bold 9000 chassis running BB10. For all I do, the smaller physical size would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx, jrsva2008, Soapm and 2 others like this.
    03-03-15 10:52 PM
    I have a curve 9300 at work. It is the perfect size and dimensions for me for work, and perfect as my organization still runs largely on emails. I can't believe how perfect that device is from a human factors size and keyboard perspective.

I love my z10 for non work stuff, but even it is a bit big. I can't reach the icons and the hit points very well with my thumb for the ones that are near the top or off to the left of the screen (I am normally a right handed kind of guy for when I am using single hand mode).

Personally, I'd like something just a bit smaller physically than the z10.

Posted via CB App for Android on Z10
    Pcmx and Soapm like this.
    03-04-15 11:40 AM
    I typed up this big mess below but I searched this and it kinda keeps this going:

My Passport is my tablet...

I realize that's what it is becoming. I'm not productive with a phone and don't need to be. I found out I can get by with a feature phone. Talk text and browse is actually just fine but when I'm at home is a different story.

Maybe it's because I'm not the enterprise consumer it's geared at but was drawn in by its gorgeous display and excellent keypad. I'm actually just typing this now to speed type on its keyboard and it's quite good. * Maybe I've always dreamed of having the one gadget on me at all times like a phone, computer, and tablet at my disposal..

I'm nearing the end of my one week, Curve 8520 challenge, where I carry a Curve as my daily, on OS5. It's been a learning curve, lol and a small history-ish lesson. Do I like a fourth row keyboard? The Passport is pretty large to carry as a daily and even though it fits in the same pocket I've placed the Curve in; summer is approaching here *and the media geared Curve is a nice and light option to use as my mp3 player when going for a walk that I can still receive a call on.. There's even an odd sense of getting away from the amount of connected stuff while carrying a lesser phone.

A woman at my work gave up a large touch screen phone for... A Curve 9300. She's given up a lot of Internet to be with that thing. With no BIS or even a BBID. When asked why, she replied that "with a large phone, you are constantly treating it like a baby, whereas with BlackBerry, you can throw it around and have it in your back pocket, and sit on it, without having to worry.". Plus she likes a full keyboard. A small rugged device. Are people who are using smaller legacy devices who won't upgrade to newer phones determining a market for them?

The Passport, maybe aside from the screen, is a tank in its own right; it's tough! But susceptible to the stresses a larger, flatter object incurs. *I've been spoiled by the Passport's touch enabled keyboard and though thought about the Q5 as a smaller alternative, don't think I'd like to go without this feature or at least, a trackpad.

I might continue to carry the Curve, (it has nicer sound to me than the 3GS that I've used as an iPod and has media buttons) even though my interest lies in BB10 and QNX. But there's some merit to BBOS (it's not the horrible dinosaur tech experience I had braced for) and a small form factor that when thrown in an protective case, doesn't get too big but gains a certain structure that you don't mind batting it around the desk or swattin' at it blindly to find and grab it in. BBOS has some things that hasn't come to BB10 but that's a different story.

What do you think? After carrying a Passport or other device, are you for the larger carry phone, or a smaller toss around one? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Passport, which is why I got it but I'm finding it filling the void of my PlayBook more as I use it like a boss at home, instead of at work, where it can actually be distracting, because I'm a personal use consumer, BlackBerry fan of course, and not an enterprise consumer. Maybe I'm a bit in the past thinking it would just be best to have my "iPod" as my phone..

So, if imagining there was another phone (even tough I don't think it's a good idea for them to make too many phones at once) that builds on the principles of the Passport, but in a small, pocket-able form factor, at the sacrifice of a smaller screen and keyboard but with the same features, for comfortably hammering out those one-handed messages; do you think maybe would be an interesting approach to a crowd who prefers a smaller uh, edc? I guess what I'm getting at is that obviously workers are consumers too, and there's something to be admired about a strong phone that is small enough to be easy to carry, if even for doing work in the field. Thoughts?

On another note, damn is typing ever fast on the Passport now! I remember when I used to be so slow and preferred the touch screen . I'm guessing a lot of the points I've made are double edged as the larger phones have their merits, like this typing, too

Posted via CB10
    nglfmark likes this.
    04-09-15 09:31 PM
    I know I've said this in numerous threads but the below would be an ideal device for me.

BlackBerry Q15

Screen: 3"6 inch (720 x 720)
    Processor: Dual Core 1.7 ghz
    GPU: Adreno 320
    Battery: 2,800mAh
    Camera: 8mp
    Storage: 16GB
    RAM: 2GB

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    smart548 likes this.
    04-10-15 01:34 PM
    Well I'll chime in again just to reiterate my opinion from the start of this thread. I'd love to have something running bb10 that is a bit smaller than my z10

Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-10-15 05:59 PM
    I know I've said this in numerous threads but the below would be an ideal device for me.

BlackBerry Q15

Screen: 3"6 inch (720 x 720)
    Processor: Dual Core 1.7 ghz
    GPU: Adreno 320
    Battery: 2,800mAh
    Camera: 8mp
    Storage: 16GB
    RAM: 2GB

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    You do realize that this phone will be very close to the size of a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 01:11 AM
    BlackBerry will be most likely launching a clamshell design next year. A square-ish hardware phone.
    Picture a passport that folds. That would be the perfect form factor for many.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 04-16-15 at 11:28 AM.
    Pcmx likes this.
    04-16-15 02:02 AM
    BlackBerry will be misty likely launching a clamshell design next year. A square-ish hardware phone.
    This based on some intel, or is there otherwise chatter about this on the Internet? I'd love to peek at some of the concepts if any of that is floating around. Hopefully not as wide as a Passport as that's still to big for my likes when unfolded.

04-16-15 04:53 AM
    BlackBerry will be misty likely launching a clamshell design next year. A square-ish hardware phone.
    After recently looking at a Gameboy Advance SP, I would be interested in that
    04-16-15 09:37 AM
    I'd like a reasonably small device, like old model Bold 9780 or Bold 9900 would be perfect. Z10 is sometime very big for me, can't leave it still in my jeans' pocket.
    04-17-15 10:34 AM
    There is barely a market for the Classic. They could I suppose upgrade the internals and keyboard of the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 12:01 PM
    I'd like a reasonably small device, like old model Bold 9780 or Bold 9900 would be perfect. Z10 is sometime very big for me, can't leave it still in my jeans' pocket.
    My feeling exactly. Those "legacy" blackberries were perfect size for me as a phone to carry around. I have a tablet now for when I sit on the couch or around the house, for browsing, surfing, email and most everything else. I want to get back to the basics in terms of a phone size for what I carry around in comparison to phones now a days. I am still keen for it to be packed with all the modern functionality and capabilities, but more than happy to live with a much smaller phone than most of the current offerings. Anything bigger than the size of a Z10 or an iphone5 is too big in my books.

jrsva2008 likes this.
    04-17-15 04:16 PM
    Big difference between a PKB and an all touch small phone - which is it ?
    04-17-15 04:44 PM
    9800/9810 was the perfect format in my opinion.
    04-17-15 04:45 PM
    A mini Passport is needed. I know two people who would get it.
    zellJunior and troubauk like this.
    04-17-15 06:03 PM
    Big difference between a PKB and an all touch small phone - which is it ?
    Does it have to be one or the other? Some probably want a PKB like the smaller legacy ones, maybe no bigger than a q10 at biggest. For me, an all touch small one no bigger than a z10 will do it.

04-17-15 06:06 PM
    The thing is that it is difficult to make a small PKB that also does not have small square screen. It is questionable that the Q10 has a big enough screen to be effective with out a tool belt. In other words I think the Classic would be the smallest that I would want to go. The Curve and others used BBOS which utilised a tool belt to a greater degree and got by on a 2.4 inch screen. It seems to me that a 3.5 inch screen is the smallest screen that BlackBerry should make. Do not forget that BlackBerry only makes a square screen.

Posted via CB10
    spARTacus likes this.
    04-17-15 06:35 PM
    Not sure if this will come through, but it looks to be a good comparison. Anyone have another reference like this, that might also show the sizes of some of the "legacy" blackberries?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...eJNwj6YMvl2NFM

04-18-15 04:10 PM
    A new BlackBerry 'curve10' could be a winning fusion!

Z30 / Q5 / Q10 / 10.3.1.2582
    04-18-15 05:44 PM
    If you want a phone that is small but with a larger screen there are many examples of good packaging.

Screen to size ratio post CES 2015 | 08-08-08

The Sharp Aquos Crystal is roughly the same size as a Z10 but it has the screen size of a Z30.
    spARTacus likes this.
    04-18-15 06:32 PM
    If you want a phone that is small but with a larger screen there are many examples of good packaging.

The Sharp Aquos Crystal is roughly the same size as a Z10 but it has the screen size of a Z30.
    This is some really good information.

04-18-15 09:19 PM
    There is barely a market for the Classic. They could I suppose upgrade the internals and keyboard of the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Uh, you sure that there is no market for the Classic?

Better look into that deeper. My bet is that it outsells every bb10 device in non-emerging countries by next earnings report.
    04-19-15 07:55 PM

Dude, this is a BlackBerry forum.

The 'other device' forum is that way>>>.

BTW. BlackBerry is coming out with a 'clamshell' design soon that will fold up into a nice small package. Posts on the patent industrial design have already been posted on this site.
    04-19-15 07:59 PM
61 123