And I mean small! This in no way proves anything about anything, but here goes:

A few days I had a friend gathering and we were talking about phones and as always I show my z10 and people ask why do I have that the iPhone is so much better bla bla.

I did the following: asked one of the iPhone guys to open two apps. Doesn't matter which ones. I opened two apps. At the count of three change apps please. Please keep changing.

Yeah... they got why I use a z10. (and then went into the sunset riding my horse)

Again this is not proof of anything, but I thought it is a cool story and wanted to share. Thanks.

Posted via iPhone...Joking...Z10
    11-08-13 05:59 PM
    Yeah I love showing the iOS lovers gestures, gesture unlock, no button pushes, and the auto off auto unlock using the official case.
    11-08-13 06:07 PM
    Delightful bit of posting. Really did put a smile on my face just now. This as just yesterday my cousin, who happens to be an isheep, and I were texting. During the back and forth she was like "u type so fast." I was about to rub it in about my superior Z10 keyboard once more, but I'm sure that by now she's heard that quite a few times already.

Seriously, this BB10 OS is designed for proper productivity and efficiency. But I'd never expect the sheep masses to be amazed and captivated by this realisation.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 06:12 PM
    Very small. Running OS7 .. double home button and you can flick to what ever app you have opened. Hardly enough to justify a Z10 over a iPhone IMHO.
    11-08-13 06:15 PM
    Very small. Running OS7 .. double home button and you can flick to what ever app you have opened. Hardly enough to justify a Z10 over a iPhone IMHO.
    That's why I said it was small and didn't prove a thing...

kbz1960 likes this.
    11-08-13 06:25 PM
    Maybe try 8 apps next time?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 06:29 PM
    Maybe try 8 apps next time?

Posted via CB10
    8 Ok, more than that no

11-08-13 06:30 PM
    Did you read the first two sentences?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 06:40 PM
    See my post after the OPs in regards to button taps

Forgot to add in my post, access to the hub with gesture from within app (still no button taps)
    11-08-13 06:44 PM
    Delightful bit of posting. Really did put a smile on my face just now. This as just yesterday my cousin, who happens to be an isheep, and I were texting. During the back and forth she was like "u type so fast." I was about to rub it in about my superior Z10 keyboard once more, but I'm sure that by now she's heard that quite a few times already.

Seriously, this BB10 OS is designed for proper productivity and efficiency. But I'd never expect the sheep masses to be amazed and captivated by this realisation.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you, and as you mentioned texting, how cool it is that you can reply without leaving what you are doing. Best thing in 10.2 imho.

Edit: repeated word

11-08-13 06:51 PM
    And that's how you flick them off! )

Posted via CB10(BBM#22) on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    11-08-13 07:00 PM
    IMO iOS7 is better than BB 10 for that right now. Back in the day like iOS 6 I would say 10 had the edge but now not so much. iOS went with the best route and copied WebOS.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-08-13 08:48 PM
    Iphone are official ****e

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 04:32 AM
    Why not have a race next time to see who can swap batteries and memory cards faster?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:40 AM
    But you do have to double click every time you want to change apps instead of a swipe.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    11-09-13 11:53 AM
    Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 12:00 PM
    But you do have to double click every time you want to change apps instead of a swipe.
    Correct. The vast majority of the smartphone universe uses the home button. My Nexus tablet has a touchscreen button that shows all the open apps. Just as fast as a swipe. Even so a double tap is hardly onerous.

I did like the way my old and rightfully forgotten Playbook toggled between web pages. The Nexus using Chrome is really deficient in this respect. Always needing to manually shut down open tabs because it seems to breed new tabs like a rabbit.
    11-09-13 12:07 PM
    Correct. The vast majority of the smartphone universe uses the home button. My Nexus tablet has a touchscreen button that shows all the open apps. Just as fast as a swipe. Even so a double tap is hardly onerous.

I did like the way my old and rightfully forgotten Playbook toggled between web pages. The Nexus using Chrome is really deficient in this respect. Always needing to manually shut down open tabs because it seems to breed new tabs like a rabbit.
    I like the small details that put together really helps to make things flow. I couldn't get that with iPhone or Android. I only tried ios 7 on my ipad4 so can't say about iPhone but for ipad it was a step in the wrong direction. (I like the way the apps show though when switching but at times it feels very slow) I tend to swipe with 4 fingers instead

11-09-13 12:22 PM
    The z10 is faster for switching between two open apps. But when that second app is on the second page of active frames the race is a bit tighter. So up to four apps going at a time the Z10 is faster I wound say. After that the iOS7 task manager (playbook style) may be faster.

What about trying this. being in an app, and a person in the crowd tells you to both open an app that neither of you have open? The iPhone goes right to the screen with all of your apps when you exit an app, what about BB10? You will hace to exit, then swipe over.
    11-09-13 12:28 PM
    The z10 is faster for switching between two open apps. But when that second app is on the second page of active frames the race is a bit tighter. So up to four apps going at a time the Z10 is faster I wound say. After that the iOS7 task manager (playbook style) may be faster.

What about trying this. being in an app, and a person in the crowd tells you to both open an app that neither of you have open? The iPhone goes right to the screen with all of your apps when you exit an app, what about BB10? You will hace to exit, then swipe over.
    I tend to search personally instead of going to the app

Edit: what may be faster on iPhone I didn't try.

Edit 2: but the point is that there are at least some situations where the z10 is better, as opposed to iPhone is always better no matter what. Wich was their belief.

11-09-13 12:32 PM
    It's actually a bigger advantage than one might think. On the Z10 a single gesture swipe up anywhere from the bottom brings up the active frames. But also notice where your thumb is at that point - already ready to press on one of four apps, and if it isn't there, swipe up once to look at another four apps. Press the app. So even if your app is the "8th" app, it's at most three movements away every time.

On iOS 7, it can be far more tedious. You have to move your thumb to the exact position of the home button, double press, then move your thumb again typically to the middle of the screen to get it ready to start scrolling through the windows playbook style. If the app you want happens to be the 8th it can be anywhere from one to eight thumb swipes to find it as its hard to see the screens scroll by one by one very easily (in practice likely three or four.) It takes more cognitive thought to look at the screen or the icons flying around one at a time. Then press the app. Add that up, and you're looking at 3-11 movements on iOS or maybe an average of seven thumb movements versus two or three (max) on BlackBerry - for every app switch.

I switch apps a lot when they aren't in the hub, and all that scrolling on iOS would give me a headache and consume valuable time over the day.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 12:41 PM
    I love my Z30.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-09-13 03:12 PM
    I'm surprised your friends haven't updated to iOS 7 yet.

lol at the notion that a button press is "tedious." How is it more tedious than a swipe? haha
    11-09-13 03:21 PM
    Yup and that home button keeps eventually will stop working, is a common issue with iPhone, they even have a virtual home button app to prevent this from happening.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 03:46 PM