So .328 has been running pretty flawlessly, but I have been finding that the GPS on it is a bit slow.

I just got weatherbug elite after switching to .328, and I was using the GPS locate (used it on berryweather before too), and it always seemed to take a long time to update when I first loaded the program. I thought it was just that weatherbug was slow, cause berryweather was quite quick and updating before.

I had to use BB Maps this weekend as well, and it always seemed to take a while to get a lock on me, much slower than 4.7. So I tried disabling the "Locate on startup" option in weatherbug so that it wouldn't use the GPS every time I started it up, and it ran much, much quicker. Is anyone else seeing their GPS be quite a bit slower on .328 vs. .148/.151/.167?
    11-01-09 10:12 PM
    So .328 has been running pretty flawlessly, but I have been finding that the GPS on it is a bit slow.

I just got weatherbug elite after switching to .328, and I was using the GPS locate (used it on berryweather before too), and it always seemed to take a long time to update when I first loaded the program. I thought it was just that weatherbug was slow, cause berryweather was quite quick and updating before.

I had to use BB Maps this weekend as well, and it always seemed to take a while to get a lock on me, much slower than 4.7. So I tried disabling the "Locate on startup" option in weatherbug so that it wouldn't use the GPS every time I started it up, and it ran much, much quicker. Is anyone else seeing their GPS be quite a bit slower on .328 vs. .148/.151/.167?
    328 has been the fastest GPS for me... Using Poynt.. Where.. Google Maps... Blackberry Maps. It finds me nearly instant. It takes literally like 5-10 seconds to lock on my location.
    11-01-09 11:19 PM
    My GPS seems MIA on .328 Google Maps has become almost useless.
    11-03-09 09:51 AM
    Mine worked well this weekend. I used GPSlogger to track my MTB ride and it plotted it perfectly. I'll probably cut the collection interval to 1 second (from the default 5sec) for the next ride to really give it a workout, and more accurately track my distance and speed.
    11-03-09 10:52 AM
    weatherbug is just a slow update...one way i found to speed it up is to go preferences and turn off locate on startup...it still updates the weather but if you u need to relocate its easier for me to select that from preferences...i don't travel out of my weather area too often
    11-03-09 10:59 AM
    Ya I found that speeds it up quite a bit, I just enjoyed how berryweather worked, in that it would always update my location in the background when it updated the weather, along with the icon. I travel around the province quite a bit, so its nice to have my weather forcast follow me, instead of having to update it every time.
    11-03-09 12:00 PM
    I noticed on my wife's Curve how much faster Google Maps is then BB Maps. And it takes less app memory too. Just switched today.
    11-03-09 12:03 PM
    Does your GPS location actually work for Google Maps though? I have never had GPS location work on GOogle Maps, I'm always some 2000 feet out it says. I never get accurate to 10feet or anything close to being useful.
    11-03-09 12:57 PM
    Does your GPS location actually work for Google Maps though? I have never had GPS location work on GOogle Maps, I'm always some 2000 feet out it says. I never get accurate to 10feet or anything close to being useful.
    Nope, but it doesn't work that well with blackberry maps either. It's got my address pretty close but it's got me in another town.
    11-03-09 01:12 PM
    Weird, BB Maps is usually pretty bang on (sometimes it has be in the appartment building directly beside), I've never had it be that far off, it just lags sometimes (I was testing it while riding the bus one time and noticed it had a bit of a delay between the bus's location and where it said we were, but it was never to much off.)

Google Maps always says it is within "2600 feet" though, which isn't good at all.
    11-03-09 02:18 PM
    My GPS hasent even been working since i switched to .328, it just keeps trying to find satellites until it eventually times out. There any fix for this?
    12-07-09 02:21 AM
    Has anyone tried enabling Location Aiding, under GPS in the advanced options. Since turning that on, my GPS has been super fast finding me and Google Maps is usually within 3 meters. It was never this fast finding satellites with any other OS for me.
    There was also a post in the Advanced Users Only E-screen thread that someone made a few changes within it and said it sped up there GPS.
    Last edited by jelp2; 12-07-09 at 07:45 AM.
    12-07-09 07:43 AM
    Known issue with .327/8. A least for me anyway. The issue is that if the phone's been up for a while, the radio connections get a little wacked out and along with this, GPS is slow to prime if not used for a while. Also, having two GPS aware apps running at the same time will cause one of them to not be able to use GPS. For example, if you use Poynt and prime the GPS with it, sometimes Google Maps won't be able to use it. I honestly don't know why VZW picked this release to certify... well, I do know, but it still boggles the mind.
    12-07-09 08:30 AM
    My gps is infuriatingly slow since .328 as well. Was way better under 4.7. With any app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 09:32 PM
    My gps is infuriatingly slow since .328 as well. Was way better under 4.7. With any app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Everything was better with 4.7 which is why I'm still running it.
    12-08-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD