Hey everyone, I'm looking for some help regarding my slow loading speeds on my phone. I have downloaded opera mini and it runs just as slow, if not slower. I have tried doing a battery pull and i still run into the same issue. My pages seem to take quite a while to load, no matter how simple they are. Now i know that this is a smartphone, and i shouldnt expect computer like speed. But this still seems quite slow compared to other people with internet access. Are there any steps i can take in order to increase my loading times, or is this something i should just get used to?
    06-05-08 12:29 AM
    How much free memory do you have on your phone?

Go to options -> status and post the number, it should be above 10000000. If it's below, you need to clear some memory from your phone. If not, you may just need to get used to it, as it is only running on EDGE.
    06-05-08 12:39 AM
    If you're talking about whats under "file free" its 16992296...
    I realize that im only running with edge, but i have seen phones of much less quality load pages at higher speeds. Its almost to the point where its not worth paying for a data plan..
    06-05-08 12:45 AM
    You're on edge or EDGE?
    06-05-08 12:51 AM
    Lol, umm i dont know if that is a joke or not. But under my reception indicator it says "EDGE"
    06-05-08 12:53 AM
    Mine loads fairly fast w/o opera mini, even my old 8100 loaded fast, so I don't know what the deal is with your phone. That's no joke, sunkast asks because EDGE means data service and edge means voice only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 04:14 AM
    So, does anyone else have any advice regarding this?
    06-05-08 02:37 PM
    If you are on EDGE, then everything is fine. There is a difference between lowercase edge and uppercase EDGE.
    06-05-08 04:27 PM
    EDGE (type 2 MS) 473.6 kbit/s 59.2 kB/s
    The first number is the maximum bandwidth and the second is a typical transmission rate.

That is comparable to a fast dial up connection.

802.11g OFDM 0.125 54.0 Mbit/s 6.75 MB/s
    Have you experimented with Wifi? The bandwidth is a thousand times greater and it loads lighting fast.
    06-05-08 04:58 PM
    Hmm, maybe i will try that. I disabled WIFI because i dont have the plan for making calls using it, so i figured it would be pointless. Well see what happens
    06-06-08 05:45 PM
    You can use it with your Browser and I am sure you will impressed with how quick it is.

Hotspot service would allow your email, messages and Voice to use the very fast connection too.

Unlimited voice and data for $10, that is a deal.
    06-06-08 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD