My BB browser has been running very slow lately. I'm wondering if what I'm expecting is something that it's just not made to do.

I timed how long it took from the time I hit the trackball on the icon to when it actually finished loading my homepage (Google). It took 40 seconds! I think that is a long time, but wanted some opinions here before I call Verizon CS.

For the record, before anyone jumps on me:

I DO NOT have Facebook anymore;
    I have cleared cache;
    I have done a battery pull (30 seconds);
    Memory free is 31,460,925 bytes.

Any thoughts on this? AG you out there tonight? You always seem to be able to fix what's wrong.
    01-21-09 05:44 PM
    I dunno, I'm on sprint and the speeds are lightening fast. It takes about 3-5 seconds to load your average page. Why don't you try resending your service book?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 06:21 PM
    Scratch that it takes a little under 2 seconds. Yea, its that fast.

01-21-09 06:22 PM
    I'm on VZW ,and it usually takes takes a delay (variable) to start the homepage initially but once open moves between pgs quickly.40 second sounds about right. I thought prob a vzw thing since it always does it. Would love if there is somrthing to speed it up, cuz I just leave my browser open to avoid the delay.

01-21-09 06:33 PM
    Yeah I get the same problem at times. Usually, the initial startup takes a good amount of time. After that, though, it speeds up quite a bit.
    01-21-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD