Why hasn't blackberry made a phone for the modern businessman? I need a super phone that is as powerful as a laptop. Not a netbook. Large touchscreen with a slide out physical keyboard on its side so when using the keyboard the screen is in landscape mode. I want the internal storage to be accessible under the battery so I can replace it with a bigger one as needed on top of the external micro SD slot. I want a dock I can by that has a DVD writer that pops out. It would have a small spinner to lock the CD into it and laser but it wouldn't encase the CD/DVD. The CD would be spinning with only the middle enclosed. The dock would have its own battery and hopefully small speakers and a projector built in for presentations. It should have more then 4gb of RAM. Hopefully 8gb with a 6 inch screen so the slide out key board on the side would be large enough for big hands. Finally I want a dual boot system with the new bb/Android OS as the primary boot for personal entertainment and the secondary boot will be windows 10 for work purposes. All the hardware is out there. The price will be lowered by having a secondary features in a dock that can be purchased separately. The portrait slide out keyboard is useless so I hope you will look into a slide out landscape keyboard seriously. I believe this will change the way people look at blackberry phones. You would he the go to for all business work phones.
    08-08-17 04:24 AM
    What you want is a Windows Tablet.... Surface is a great solution. You should be asking Microsoft why they haven't released a Surface Phone.

BlackBerry is out of the hardware business.....
    08-08-17 07:07 AM
    Please tell me this is /s
    08-08-17 08:01 AM
    And all for $200, right?
    08-08-17 08:03 AM
    And all for $200, right?
    $199.99 silly - under $200.00 LMAO
    08-08-17 10:23 AM
    I believe this will change the way people look at blackberry phones....
    Now that it would. Definitely!
    08-08-17 10:33 AM
    Probably because BlackBerry isn't making phones anymore, if I had to guess.
    08-08-17 09:09 PM
    I want, I want, I want!
    08-08-17 09:51 PM
    Why hasn't blackberry made a phone for the modern businessman?
    1. They're out of the smartphone business.

2. The reason no one else has made such a phone is because when they run focus groups to try out new ideas, no one is interested in the phones you describe. Several companies have tried to make phones along those lines, but they all flopped. It's very expensive to have a flop, which is why manufacturers have all moved towards the types of phones that sell well and sell reliably - glass slabs.

You are an outlier, not part of the mainstream, and the niche that you are in is too small to cater to profitably.
    08-08-17 10:29 PM
    What is needed is a Chinese book style case with two front cover pieces that can work separately or together... the bottom part is an NFC PKB and screen resizes to display above it when in use... boom
    08-08-17 11:11 PM
    What is needed is a Chinese book style case with two front cover pieces that can work separately or together... the bottom part is an NFC PKB and screen resizes to display above it when in use... boom
    Like an old fashioned Dutch door...
    08-08-17 11:12 PM