Actually, I can't show you a link nor do I have numbers. Simply because I don't frequent forums where I'm not interested in the devices on those platforms.
    I only began to frequent Android forums when I got my Atrix. I only frequented the Apple forum when I was in the market for an iPhone, determining whether I wanted an iPad, or initially trying to deal with my 3GS. I have only visited the WM forum to ask about the Dell Lightning. Never fo I go into Palm/Web OS or Symbian.

Unlike others, I don't go to forums where I don't have an interest to trash their devices. However, because it is so prevalent that others choose to come into BB forums (as is their perogative) I read them defending their platforms and trashing BB.

So - only someone with blinders would not see their unrelenting defence of their platforms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 07:45 AM
    No, the XOOM people don't seem to be caring that much about reviews, nor do the iPad people care that their cameras are ****ty.

It seems to be happening for this device disproportionately higher than for most other recent launches...

But I figured that was a bit obvious...

There have been about 20 review threads on Crackberry and all of them are filled with excuses: Pre-Release Software, Coming in 60 Days, Don't need it, I have a BB, Prolly hasn't even held one before, They just have it in for RIM, etc. etc.

I haven't seen this on any other product forum, but if you can provide a link to another forum/product that has had the same "phenomenon" recently, I'll eat my words :P
    It's no secret questions or complaints will bubble up and be more visible than the "I love my Playbook thread".

Maybe you should check that one out also.
    04-20-11 08:40 AM
    It's no secret questions or complaints will bubble up and be more visible than the "I love my Playbook thread".

Maybe you should check that one out also.
    Not just that, this site does also seem to be home to a number of people who do not own any blackberry products, but seemed to delight in posting anything negative they can and thus helping the volume in any such threads.
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    04-20-11 09:02 AM
    Then letting folks think it was an IPad killer was the other mistake which rests fully
    on RIMs shoulders. In its current form there is no way it will even put a dent in the IPad.
    In some areas it is an ipad killer already, in other areas it is clearly weaker at this point, unfortunately for Rim the general predisposition of gadget bloggers is not in their favour and thus you get reviews that mostly focus on the things it lacks rather those it does well.
    04-20-11 09:09 AM
    BlackBerry bridge is more like a remote screen in which case it is not tethering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Actually, that's not true. The bridge also allowed for internet browsing via the bridge browser which was a full web browser that could access sites with full features that a blackberry couldn't. That makes it more than just a remote screen and actual tethering. If it was a just a remote screen it would be limited to what you could do on your blackberry. Anytime you give a internet connection from 1 device to another, that's tethering. The bridge is both a bridge for PIM functions and tethering for the bridge browser.
    04-20-11 09:10 AM
    And RIM never stated that they were aiming solely for business users with the Blackberry. Cause I'm sure watching Playbook Reviews on YouTube and playing Tetris and Need for Speed is the staple of every business user, right?
    Nobody is saying that they are the sole focus, but since it is a new product from a company that has a strong presence in the business world it would seem to make a lot of sense for to strongly consider the needs of those customers while things like the games and the multimedia performance help it to expand beyond those areas.
    04-20-11 09:12 AM
    Not just that, this site does also seem to be home to a number of people who do not own any blackberry products, but seemed to delight in posting anything negative they can and thus helping the volume in any such threads.
    It's also a home to people who've had blackberry products for a long time and migrated to another platform in disappointment in RIM. But it's not odd that people will bash a device they never used. People rip apple products because it's apple and they haven't tried it. And I don't think it's right either way. I know I always try a product before declaring something good or bad.
    04-20-11 09:14 AM
    Actually, that's not true. The bridge also allowed for internet browsing via the bridge browser which was a full web browser that could access sites with full features that a blackberry couldn't. That makes it more than just a remote screen and actual tethering. If it was a just a remote screen it would be limited to what you could do on your blackberry. Anytime you give a internet connection from 1 device to another, that's tethering. The bridge is both a bridge for PIM functions and tethering for the bridge browser.
    Regardless of what you may call it, let me put this out there.

I get a home Internet connection, I put a four port router on it with WIFI.

I use all four ports for four different computers, I use the WIFI for my laptop.
    But my ISP doesn't charge me a dime more for having these on the same Internet connection.

So why should our cell phone service providers be any different?

It's because they are greedy and folks simply do not fight back on this inconsistency.

We allow them to do it without raising our voices and saying no and leaving them
    when they do not listen.

Tim
    04-20-11 09:29 AM

I use all four ports for four different computers, I use the WIFI for my laptop.
    But my ISP doesn't charge me a dime more for having these on the same Internet connection.

It's because they are greedy and folks simply do not fight back on this inconsistency.

We allow them to do it without raising our voices and saying no and leaving them
    when they do not listen.

Tim

I fully agree. I never said I agreed with any of the practices of the carriers. Just simply stating what it is. But I fully agree with you regarding tethering. The only reason that it may be justified is the strain tethering a laptop or other device puts on a network since it would use more bandwidth. Not necessarily more data but more bandwidth thus causing carriers to charge us. Again, I do not agree and believe you should be able to do what you want with the data plan you already pay for as long as you are not "abusing" it. But it is what it is..... for now.
    04-20-11 09:33 AM

when they do not listen.

Tim

Though I don't disagree,
    I question do you have "unlimited Internet" at home? and at what Monthly cost?
    What is the Monthly cost for your "unlimited Data" package from your wireless supplier?

Are they near similar?

I don't have a Tethering fee applied to my account regardless because my Carrier does not have Unlimited internet, They encourage I tether so that I might go over my 6GB data limit each month,
    As the Carriers, remove the Unlimited data packages, I expect they will remove the tethering charges as they will want to ensure people are trying to tether, and need the bigger monthly package than 500Mb

Also as a Side note, Cable company's used to charge for every TV you had in the house,
    and Internet company's used to sell a "network package" that you "needed" to have if you wanted more than 1 computer set up at home, the ease of technology made it too difficult for the carriers to continue this practice, the same will come to the mobile landscape,
    04-20-11 11:02 AM
    He's not anti-blackberry. You don't post 2700 times about a device that bores you.
    You're aware there are non-BlackBerry forums here, yes?
    04-20-11 11:04 AM
    Though I don't disagree,
    I question do you have "unlimited Internet" at home? and at what Monthly cost?
    What is the Monthly cost for your "unlimited Data" package from your wireless supplier?

Are they near similar?

I don't have a Tethering fee applied to my account regardless because my Carrier does not have Unlimited internet, They encourage I tether so that I might go over my 6GB data limit each month,
    As the Carriers, remove the Unlimited data packages, I expect they will remove the tethering charges as they will want to ensure people are trying to tether, and need the bigger monthly package than 500Mb

Also as a Side note, Cable company's used to charge for every TV you had in the house,
    and Internet company's used to sell a "network package" that you "needed" to have if you wanted more than 1 computer set up at home, the ease of technology made it too difficult for the carriers to continue this practice, the same will come to the mobile landscape,
    - $59/mo for (30+/5) Unlimited, can use 10 gig in a few hours. Against the TOS to provide internet service for unrelated households.
    - $29.99/mo for (EVDO Rev A) Unlimited, never used 10 gig, tough to use a few gig in a few days. Against the TOS to provide internet service to unrelated handsets except with an approved broadband package.
    04-20-11 11:10 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD