Heres my problem. I am running leaked os 10.2.1 and I am loving it. Only problem is that the Skype application has been set to the "default" application.

For example, when my friend sends me a bbm with someones phone number, you simply click the highlighted blue text and the phone should call that number. HOWEVER now, the skype application opens instead of the phone app.

This has gotten very annoying. I would like to keep my skype app installed on my phone but I cant have it opening everytime I want to make a call. Does anyone have a remedy to this situation? I tried whisking around the setting but I dont see the option to change the "default" settings.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 02:16 PM
    Take a look at posts 3 & 4 in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ialing-880116/
    It isn't ideal, but apparently works.
    12-02-13 02:58 PM
    There is a thread in the BlackBerry dev forums about this. Some one at BlackBerry chimed in and asked what OS this was happening in and everyone said 10.2.1.1055. The BlackBerry employee said it wasn't happening on his "newer" OS but couldn't say much more.

So I would chalk this up as nothing more than one of the bugs you have to deal with on a leaked/unofficial OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 04:43 PM
    There is a thread in the BlackBerry dev forums about this. Some one at BlackBerry chimed in and asked what OS this was happening in and everyone said 10.2.1.1055. The BlackBerry employee said it wasn't happening on his "newer" OS but couldn't say much more.

So I would chalk this up as nothing more than one of the bugs you have to deal with on a leaked/unofficial OS.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure you're correct -- thanks for pointing it out. I should have mentioned that.
    But, having to log out of Skype is a small price for me to pay in return for all the great stuff in .1055.
    12-02-13 05:36 PM
    Lol, I had this happen as well!

I would press and hold phone numbers in the browser and it would load Skype to dial rather than native phone app.

Deleted Skype for solution.

?10
    brosee likes this.
    12-02-13 06:07 PM
    Yes I am having the same issue in 1055. Instead of clicking the link, press. And hold the link down. This will bring up the side menu. Press 'call'. It will launch the phone app and not Skype.

That's my work around until I get another release which hopefully fixes the issue.
    mundo472 likes this.
    12-02-13 06:10 PM
    This works great! Thanks a bunch!

Yes I am having the same issue in 1055. Instead of clicking the link, press. And hold the link down. This will bring up the side menu. Press 'call'. It will launch the phone app and not Skype.

That's my work around until I get another release which hopefully fixes the issue.
    12-06-13 09:29 AM