Hi Guys,

I'm from UK & using Blackberry 9780 on Orange network.
    **THIS MOBILE ISN'T BOUGHT FROM 3 MOBILE. BOUGHT FROM CARPHONE WAREHOUSE BUT IT'S UNLOCKED.

I recently put a 3 SIM into my mobile & installed SKYPE from their "Plant3" website. But unfortunately it didn't work. It means when I press Sign In button it gives me an error msg saying "Failed to connect to Skype Server".

Then I went to Blackberry.com & downloaded "Desktop & Device Software" for 3 mobile UK (known as H3G UK). I installed it & tried to run SKYPE, but my problem remains same.

Let me know how to overcome from this issue...

Thank You Guys.
    08-25-11 12:35 PM
    I believe that it will only work on the 3 network in the UK.
    08-25-11 05:39 PM
    It is network dependant so even if you'd bought the phone from 3 and then unlocked it this would still not work.

The problem is the dumbness of Skype entering these exclusive agreements with Verizon and 3 denying the majority of customers access to their platform.
    08-27-11 06:38 AM
    Huh? I thought Skype only existed for Android and iOS-units?
    08-27-11 10:19 AM
    Hi Guys,

I'm from UK & using Blackberry 9780 on Orange network.
    **THIS MOBILE ISN'T BOUGHT FROM 3 MOBILE. BOUGHT FROM CARPHONE WAREHOUSE BUT IT'S UNLOCKED.

I recently put a 3 SIM into my mobile & installed SKYPE from their "Plant3" website. But unfortunately it didn't work. It means when I press Sign In button it gives me an error msg saying "Failed to connect to Skype Server".

Then I went to Blackberry.com & downloaded "Desktop & Device Software" for 3 mobile UK (known as H3G UK). I installed it & tried to run SKYPE, but my problem remains same.

Let me know how to overcome from this issue...

Thank You Guys.
    09-08-13 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD