Hi,

I need to know does anyone know how to install SKYPE on my Blackberry 8900? I was told by T-Mobile that SKYPE is usually used on on home computers because it uses an IP address. The Blackberry tech support department mentioned that there is a way that it can be done but he was unfamiliar with how it is done. I think that was legal speak for it is against our policy.

Can any one help me?

Thanks,

Angela
    06-07-09 03:30 PM
    Skype Coming to BlackBerry Smartphones in May - About Skype

Skype Coming to BlackBerry Smartphones in May

LAS VEGAS, March 31, 2009 - Skype today announced that the lite version of Skype™, a 'thin' Skype client for mobile phones, will soon be available as a free download for BlackBerry� smartphones. A beta version will be available in May for the BlackBerry� Bold™ and BlackBerry� Curve™ smartphones, with support for other BlackBerry smartphones coming later.

The lite version of Skype delivers core Skype capabilities to BlackBerry smartphones, including:

Make Skype-to-Skype calls to other Skype users anywhere in the world
    Send/receive instant messages to/from individuals or groups
    Make Skype calls at low rates to people on landline or mobile phones
    Receive calls to your online number on Skype
    See when your Skype contacts are online/available to chat

The beta of the lite version of Skype will be available as a free download to BlackBerry smartphone users beginning in May from Skype: download Skype Lite for mobile using their BlackBerry� Browser.
    May has come, and passed... still waiting for BlackBerry to make the list.

In the interm, Google iSkoot
    06-07-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD