Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 04:30 PM
    I posted before I could complete the post but anyway the title is kind of self explanatory. How come BlackBerry reaches an agreement with Microsoft to port over Skype to BB10 but leave out WP for BBM at cross platform launch?

I'd guess that must have made MS not so happy. Since BBM is an attractive app to have (even Samsung is advertising it), shouldn't Microsoft throw their weight on BlackBerry to get BBM ASAP?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 04:34 PM
    It will come to WP8
    Well if the leadership was competent they'd have it planned but their competence so far has left a lot to be desired.
    09-02-13 04:45 PM
    It will come to WP8
    Well if the leadership was competent they'd have it planned but their competence so far has left a lot to be desired.
    Sure it will come sooner or later but ud think that Microsoft would have known about (or at least had a hint) bout BBM going cross platform and used Skype as leverage to ensure availability at launch for WP. It just seems fair. However since WP and BlackBerry are fighting for number 3 I doubt BlackBerry is an a hurry for make an app for WP.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 04:50 PM
    BBM for a native, non-preview version of Skype sounds like a fair trade to me.
    09-02-13 04:51 PM
    Sure it will come sooner or later but ud think that Microsoft would have known about (or at least had a hint) bout BBM going cross platform and used Skype as leverage to ensure availability at launch for WP. It just seems fair. However since WP and BlackBerry are fighting for number 3 I doubt BlackBerry is an a hurry for make an app for WP.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing to do with that.
    Its the same reason Blackberry do not get apps,
    cater to the big 2 first
    09-02-13 04:52 PM
    Nothing to do with that.
    Its the same reason Blackberry do not get apps,
    cater to the big 2 first
    Im sure that isnt the first time Microsoft has heard that argument. Yes, Microsoft would understands why BB would choose not to develop for WP at launch but you'd think they would want to have it either way. And they have/had leverage with Skype. I'm sure as for today, Skype is much more important to a platform than BBM. Microsoft could have strong armed BB into developing for them.
    09-02-13 05:04 PM
    BlackBerry should trade BBM for native Skype and native Bing/Here Maps

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:14 PM
    BBM for a native, non-preview version of Skype sounds like a fair trade to me.
    Who knows, maybe that is the deal. As soon as Microsoft releases Native Skype, BB is release BBM on WP. It seems quite likely.
    09-02-13 05:15 PM
    Skype is garbage anyways. Doesn't even work. I don't feel BlackBerry owes them anything at all.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-02-13 08:56 PM
    The assumption here is that BBM is equal to skype. . . When is comes to number of users. . . BB needed Skype WAY more than WP needs BBM. . .
    09-02-13 09:03 PM
    Skype is garbage anyways. Doesn't even work. I don't feel BlackBerry owes them anything at all.

I used it just fine on my computer over the weekend....

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 02:48 AM
    As far as I know did BlackBerry do the porting of skype and ms only said that their are allowed to do so.

By the way same issue as with developers not getting into BlackBerry : why to develop for an os with even lower market share than BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 03:25 AM
    As far as I know did BlackBerry do the porting of skype and ms only said that their are allowed to do so.

By the way same issue as with developers not getting into BlackBerry : why to develop for an os with even lower market share than BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10

except that
    WP does have more market share than BB. I'm talking about global and sales also. They should develop for OSes that are increasing in sales

Sent from my Samsung Ativ S using Tapatalk
    chataddicted likes this.
    09-03-13 03:36 AM
    We dont need bbm wp fan...

Sent from my Sankha Omnia
    09-03-13 03:42 AM
    except that

WP does have more market share than BB. I'm talking about global and sales also. They should develop for OSes that are increasing in sales

Sent from my Samsung Ativ S using Tapatalk

you r r8 bro

Sent from my Sankha Omnia
    09-03-13 03:45 AM
    I used it just fine on my computer over the weekend....

Posted via CB10
    Oh. Sorry. Meant on the Z10. Lol.

09-03-13 08:52 AM
    Oh. Sorry. Meant on the Z10. Lol.

Ah I'm waiting for the non preview version!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 09:28 AM
    Ah I'm waiting for the non preview version!

Posted via CB10
    Why if the Preview actually works?
    09-03-13 09:35 AM
    I'm patient and not that fussed with Skype.
    I only use it for gaming really

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 09:44 AM
    Doesn't work. At least not for me.

09-03-13 10:09 AM
    It didn't take much to port the Skype app to Blackberry, as it is an Android app.

I think with BBM going cross-platform, BlackBerry will be in a better position to negotiate in order to get Native Skype, Skydrive, Bing, Office, etc in exchange for BBM for WP.

Into Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    09-03-13 10:48 AM
    It didn't take much to port the Skype app to Blackberry, as it is an Android app.

I think with BBM going cross-platform, BlackBerry will be in a better position to negotiate in order to get Native Skype, Skydrive, Bing, Office, etc in exchange for BBM for WP.

Into Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    BBM would really have to take off if they want so many apps in return. However it is likely if executed well.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 11:13 AM
    The assumption here is that BBM is equal to skype. . . When is comes to number of users. . . BB needed Skype WAY more than WP needs BBM. . .
    Sure, BlackBerry needed Skype much more than WP needs BBM right now. That is exactly why I'm confused. Microsoft has much more leverage with Skype and should have already used it to get BBM at launch.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 11:15 AM