Anybody have any new news on the Skyfire browser? I haven't seen any updates on it really since it went back into the limited beta after the shut down because of the leak. Just wondering if any progress has been made or a possible date for the public beta.
    09-25-09 07:34 AM
    If there was you probably would of heard about it, and those in the beta right now are probably keeping quiet after what happened the last time.
    09-25-09 07:50 AM
    I wanted skyfire for hulu but now that they are blocking the site. I don't care as much now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 08:32 AM
    Suggestion: it would be great, when people are posting questions, if they added a question mark to the topic. Instead, when you post something with a topic like "Skyfire update", the implication is that there has *been* a Skyfire update -- not that you're asking whether one has happened without anyone telling you.

Sorry if this sounds picky -- not meant to be. It's just that many of us wind up clicking on and opening such posts expecting to find news, and instead all we're seeing is somebody else asking a question.

Just adding a question mark makes all the difference.

thanks!
    09-25-09 08:35 AM
    Suggestion: it would be great, when people are posting questions, if they added a question mark to the topic. Instead, when you post something with a topic like "Skyfire update", the implication is that there has *been* a Skyfire update -- not that you're asking whether one has happened without anyone telling you.

Sorry if this sounds picky -- not meant to be. It's just that many of us wind up clicking on and opening such posts expecting to find news, and instead all we're seeing is somebody else asking a question.

thanks!
    i also thought there was news in this thread. i'm hoping its released soon.
    09-25-09 08:41 AM
    Man!! I thought this was an update too. Besides if u do put a question mark beside it you may get better input on this thread. BTW I haven't heard any news yet maybe someone will come through LoL.
    09-25-09 09:46 AM
    Man!! I thought this was an update too. Besides if u do put a question mark beside it you may get better input on this thread. BTW I haven't heard any news yet maybe someone will come through LoL.
    I would prepare for absolute quiet on this matter. Those chosen for beta testing are, in fact, keeping very hush-hush about any news or developments. This is, IMO, for the best. I would hate to see further delays in Skyfire's launch.

09-25-09 11:32 AM

thanks!
    I could not agree more. I only clicked because I thought we had some new info on skyfire.

JP
    09-25-09 11:32 AM
    I'm actually a little afraid for Skyfire. Especially with RIM's new aquisitions in the Browser department..
    09-25-09 11:56 AM
    misleading title
    09-25-09 01:21 PM
    I actually thought there was goin to be an update too.
    09-25-09 07:21 PM
    Yep. Was hoping for an update.

09-26-09 09:31 PM
    People always do that in forums. They do it on purpose so people read and comment on their posts. I'm sick of it too. Wish it was enforced more to properly title your posts.

09-26-09 10:33 PM
    People always do that in forums. They do it on purpose so people read and comment on their posts. I'm sick of it too. Wish it was enforced more to properly title your posts.
    Yes and yes! +1 re: enforcement!
    09-27-09 09:22 PM
    Sorry about the title. I didnt mean to be misleading, just not thinking before I type. Will keep that in mind for next time
    09-28-09 07:37 AM
    Anyone try the new Opera Mini 5 (Beta)? I have always been happy with 4.2, but am really liking the Beta 5.
    09-28-09 09:24 AM
    The program was decent despite being beta (far from perfect though) but it ran SO poorly on my pearl I deleted it pretty quickly.
    09-28-09 10:17 AM
    I used to run 4.2 on my TMO 8100 with no problems. The new Opera is not perfect, but sure beats the BlackBerry browser.
    09-28-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD