will/is skyfire able to play flash games, like farmville and other facebook games?
    09-16-09 02:21 AM
    In theory, yes. But at the rate Skyfire is working, we might see RIM release a flash browser before them.
    09-16-09 02:35 AM
    when is the flash capable blackberry browser expect to be released?
    09-16-09 03:49 AM
    No word as of yet. We'll all just have to wait and see.
    09-16-09 05:02 AM
    sigh.. i hate waiting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 06:49 AM
    I installed skyfire was verry buggy though
    09-16-09 11:14 AM
    sky fire is meaty like bacon i've got it on my HTC touch Diamond and its too slick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 11:21 AM
    1 - Most flash games utilize mouse clicks or touch input. I'm sure you can guess what the problem is there.
    2 - The flash video quality on Skyfire is lower than the actual video, so playing games isn't really going to be practical.
    3 - I don't think you can do true fullscreen with flash on Skyfire because it's server-based.
    4 - Loading flash games over the web repeatedly is not ideal. You're talking a lot of games that can be 2-8mb on load...
    Skyfire doesn't play local .swf files.

So the short answer is yeah, but it's going to suck.
    09-16-09 12:37 PM
    For Windows mobile Farmville and Farkle work.

The newest Winmo update put two icons now toward the top right that has two functions. One to move around and click, and the other to move the screen.

For example: In Farmville, if you have an extenstive farm, you'd want to move around that farm. One of the icons clicked lets you harvest, plow, etc, and the other once clicked allows you to move the farm around, sort of like if you had the button clicked down on your mouse and moved it around -- so the cursor would be holding on to the screen while you moved.

Hope that answers your question -- now lets see how they implement that feature for the Blackberry, becuase I only tried/saw it on a touchscreen Winmo phone.

WCM
    10-21-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD