I honestly might have to side with defcon on this one. Yes leaks are bad but they happen. Get over it. If they are halting development for a different reason then good luck. For all we know they can be halting it to find a way to better protect their software. jus speculation here. But to do it as a form of punishment lets be real. Companies know they are taking a chance and their software can leak, its unfortunate but happens. Now using this as an excuse to slow down development is a joke. Now what would be some funny is if this slow down in development opens the door for someone to release a similiar product and skyfire loses its appeal. That would really hurt lol.
    07-28-09 10:19 AM
    This is somewhat propaganda... I agree that testers should honor their NDA but everyone that is complaining about it being leaked would be the first ones downloading it, cmon guys we all have "leaked" blood on our hands. They should have and COULD have done a better job protecting their embryo. Both sides share blame, THIS IS THE TECH WORLD!!!
    +1

I think someone stated this earlier but it's worth repeating. Skyfire has only their selves to blame end of story. I was a beta tester for the WM browser and each copy of the software was directly linked to individual devices with a registration code for a single device. They decided to go a different route this time for whatever reason and the most predicable thing in the world happened...it got leaked. NDA's are like links in chain and are only as good as the weakest link. Honestly Skyfire is the one here who has been harmed the most. Don't you think they want to get their browser released as soon as possible. They knew how to avoid this and they did it successfully while developing the WM browser.

The da#m thing is and will be free anyway I don't get what all the fuss is about. And it really wasn't that much better on WM than the native browser.

I'm also one of those people that believes that everything happens for a reason and hopefully something good will utimately come from this episode.

Ok I'm finished ranting
    07-28-09 10:36 AM
    Man, I was really looking forward to Skyfire on BB, hopefully they can work something out and bring it out on schedule. It's awesome on Windows Mobile.
    07-28-09 10:46 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD