if BGR is any indication moods are changing among press towards Rim. I mean THE biggest RIM hater site out there has posted another positive article about rim. I think RIM will be just fine. I just regret not buying stock at $6 few months back. Those who did are about to cash in.

THREE REASONS TO ROOT FOR RIM

I have expressed skepticism that RIM (RIMM) will really be able to pull off an epic comeback and reestablish BlackBerry as a legitimate contender with the iPhone and the barrage of Android smartphones that get released every year. But that doesn�t mean I don�t want it to happen. Quite the contrary, I�m hoping that RIM proves all us nasty skeptics wrong, defies the odds and produces a big hit with the BlackBerry Z10 that�s set to be released over the next couple of months.

So why am I rooting for RIM even if I�m dubious of its prospects for success? Three specific reasons come to mind.

First, I think the mobile market will benefit from having a third option besides iOS and Android, and it doesn�t look as though Microsoft (MSFT) is up to the task just yet. Sure, Windows Phone devices have started to make some progress in Europe, but in North America the platform�s market share has remained largely flat despite the large piles of money Microsoft is spending to promote it. This gives RIM an opportunity to elbow itself into the discussion in the United States and Canada as a legitimate contender for consumers who have moved on to iOS or Android but who still miss their BlackBerry phones of old.

Second, I think CEO Thorsten Heins has some interesting and ambitious ideas for where he�d like to take the company in the future. Sure, there are times when I can�t tell whether he really has a plan to boldly remake BlackBerry or is just insane, but when I hear him talk about integrating BlackBerry 10 into cars, I am intrigued. Heins is also easy to root for when you consider how well he�s played the thoroughly lousy hand he was dealt when he took over as RIM CEO last year � the fact that he�s generated significant support from both carriers and app developers at a time when it looked like the company could collapse at any moment has been impressive.

And finally, I�ve come to really love RIM�s crazy fans over the past year, even if they don�t like me all that much. Every time I�ve written a post critical of RIM or BlackBerry, they were there to immediately pounce on me, declare me a hopeless �iSheep� and tell me how stupid I�ll feel when RIM emerges triumphant and stomps all over the iPhone and Android. I�m not sure such dedication to a product is emotionally healthy, but it is something I have to respect and I hope that BlackBerry 10 will, at the very least, make RIM�s loyal and long-suffering fans happy.

So now�s the time, RIM. Next week will be your chance to make me look like a fool for ever doubting the power of BlackBerry 10. And for all the reasons I listed above, I hope you take it.
    01-27-13 03:39 PM
    Thanks for posting the body of the article here and not linking the article to BGRs website. I don't want to be one of their statistics
    V22 and Vorkosigan like this.
    01-27-13 03:45 PM
    I'd hardly call this a positive article.. BUT it does show bloggers gearing up to cover their asses against all the negative things they've said over the past 2 years coming back to make them look like idiots. So while the article itself isn't positive, we can take it as a positive sign that these doomsayers are beginning to notice they may have some s'plaining to do..
    01-27-13 03:49 PM
    "I’m not sure such dedication to a product is emotionally healthy"

He has spoken to Apple devotees before, right? Just checking.
    zombie73, Stocklone, Qaxl and 2 others like this.
    01-27-13 03:52 PM
    I'd hardly call this a positive article.. BUT it does show bloggers gearing up to cover their asses against all the negative things they've said over the past 2 years coming back to make them look like idiots. So while the article itself isn't positive, we can take it as a positive sign that these doomsayers are beginning to notice they may have some s'plaining to do..
    the way i see it if BGR can swallow its pride and actually post something good about RIM [do you remember few months back infamous "RIM IS DEAD" ] then this is just good news for rim. As it is good change many others will follow. like it or not many read this stuff and create their opinion based on it. positive attitude towards rim means that many will go rim
    Wino Ryder likes this.
    01-27-13 03:53 PM
    These are the kind of articles that I have been waiting for a very long time!

BB4LIFE!!
    01-27-13 03:55 PM
    Loved this paragraph
    And finally, I’ve come to really love RIM’s crazy fans over the past year, even if they don’t like me all that much. Every time I’ve written a post critical of RIM or BlackBerry, they were there to immediately pounce on me, declare me a hopeless “iSheep” and tell me how stupid I’ll feel when RIM emerges triumphant and stomps all over the iPhone and Android. I’m not sure such dedication to a product is emotionally healthy, but it is something I have to respect and I hope that BlackBerry 10 will, at the very least, make RIM’s loyal and long-suffering fans happy.
    Thanks for the article bitek

Si.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    01-27-13 04:07 PM
    "He has spoken to Apple devotees before, right? Just checking.
    He IS one

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-27-13 04:13 PM
    someone posted this a few days ago
    01-27-13 04:24 PM
    Hum..............
    01-27-13 04:27 PM
    all i can say is We love ****ing BlackBerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Go Rimm Goooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !All in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wednesday's gonna be a game changer and history in the making!
    01-27-13 04:38 PM
    someone posted this a few days ago
    The moderator must be busy now.
    01-27-13 05:18 PM
    all i can say is We love ****ing BlackBerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Go Rimm Goooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !All in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wednesday's gonna be a game changer and history in the making!
    Shouldn't that be "We ****ing love Blackberry!!!!!!!"? Unless you really like having alone time with your phone.
    01-27-13 05:50 PM
    I'd hardly call this a positive article.. BUT it does show bloggers gearing up to cover their asses against all the negative things they've said over the past 2 years coming back to make them look like idiots.
    This is EXACTLY what is going on. The notion of "invincible Apple destroying everyone else" has shattered... and with that comes a forced reappraisal of the state of the marketplace.
    01-27-13 06:15 PM
    there is much more positive press. Rim should be happy. Good things are about to happen. People are not stupid, it is hard to deny that this company has worked very hard to come back from the "dead". Rim deserves to be at least #3 if not #1 in the future
    01-27-13 06:15 PM
    #3 is a really backhanded thing to say. I have not been long suffering with my blackberry device, except for the grief that has been given to my by others (usually iPhone owners). This has been the most emotionally unhealthy part of my blackberry experience (feeling the need to defend my device - which is stupid, because why would someone attack something I'm happy with in the first place?). This statement shows how BGR is not only ignorant, but condescending and arrogant. There is obviously no high road for them.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    01-27-13 06:55 PM
    "I’m not sure such dedication to a product is emotionally healthy"

He has spoken to Apple devotees before, right? Just checking.
    WTF U serious? Us BB fans eat Apples for breakfast. ^^
    JR A likes this.
    01-27-13 08:27 PM
    #3 is a really backhanded thing to say. I have not been long suffering with my blackberry device, except for the grief that has been given to my by others (usually iPhone owners). This has been the most emotionally unhealthy part of my blackberry experience (feeling the need to defend my device - which is stupid, because why would someone attack something I'm happy with in the first place?). This statement shows how BGR is not only ignorant, but condescending and arrogant. There is obviously no high road for them.
    I will be blunt and i will say it. Current generation Blackberry phones are best for messaging but frankly they are bad for anything else. 9810 feels sluggish, many apps do not work well and the internet browser is bad. I cannot imaging browsing with any phone with less power than 9810. I would never trade my 9810 for iphone or andoroid as messaging is the most important to me. But i find myself using playbook for everything else on the go. maps, browsing what ever that is. Having said that BB10 will smoke competition. I know it and the physical keyboard will be sweet. BGR and others see writing on the wall. They will not be able to deny awesomeness of BB10. Giving it bad reviews will just backfire on them. So if they cannot beat it they decided to join it. Go Rim Go.
    01-27-13 08:41 PM
    for BGR standards this is extremely positive. it must've taken them a while to post it. These people must be seriously impressed with BB10 even if they do not out right want to admit it.
    01-27-13 08:44 PM
    xxxx wrong thread.
    01-27-13 08:53 PM
    Once upon a time BGR or rather, Jonathan Geller, who was a writer for Engadget wasn't totally against BlackBerry. Now however, any shift towards BB10 is merely seeing the tide change and having it create a new audience and new opportunities. At the end of the day, it's just a business decision.
    kevinnugent and JR A like this.
    01-28-13 12:25 AM
    When the BlackBerry curve 83xx ruled the market bgr was very pro BlackBerry. When the tides tipped and ios became king they became fanboys to apple.

They have always been fairweather fans to what's hot for views.

Sent from my game boy color
    01-28-13 12:45 AM
    Once upon a time BGR or rather, Jonathan Geller, who was a writer for Engadget wasn't totally against BlackBerry. Now however, any shift towards BB10 is merely seeing the tide change and having it create a new audience and new opportunities. At the end of the day, it's just a business decision.
    Exactly what I was going to post.
    01-28-13 02:47 AM
    When the BlackBerry curve 83xx ruled the market bgr was very pro BlackBerry. When the tides tipped and ios became king they became fanboys to apple.

They have always been fairweather fans to what's hot for views.

Sent from my game boy color
    yes I see your point but bgr was extreme case.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    01-28-13 06:59 AM
    These guys have been having a little too much crack and marijuana..... LMAO

LOL happy to see a little bit of RIM positive articles.
    Still, notice how it starts xD
    01-28-13 07:13 AM
28 12