anyone help getting some serious lag trying to access forums / threads??

Took me 20 minutes of trying to get here from the home page .
    11-30-08 10:08 PM
    Its taking me a bit longer than usual on my bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 10:19 PM
    Oh My Gosh...lagging doesnt describe it. If I see CANT DISPLAY PAGE one more time I am going to scream. I think its all of us Storm people trying to update and posting our success or failures. I seriously have to go to bed and forget about CB for awhile. I have lots of patience..but I think I have used up my allotment for the day.
    11-30-08 10:19 PM
    Its taking me a bit longer than usual on my bold.

I seriously doubt it's phone specific. Having same lag issues and I'm not on a bold! It happening on my phone and PC. Although on another note, this should have been posted in the forum regarding site issues- not BlackBerry.
    11-30-08 10:21 PM
    It's all those stupid Storm lunatics...
    Geez, addicts need to get a life....

11-30-08 10:23 PM
    Hey Guys,

We're working on it. At the moment it's definitely the influx of traffic from new Storm owners. It's actually pretty insane. Over the past few months we've been adding more and more servers, set up load balancers, etc., and everytime things start to run smooth we get hit by another bump in traffic that's putting it over the edge.

We'll continue to add servers and tweak things. Right now it seems only the forums are bogged down - the blogs, galleries and store are fast, but when the forums are getting to their busiest points they are slowing down. But this is TOP priority.

Hopefully we'll have this addressed and things snappy SOON. In the mean time, I THANK You for the patience. It's one of those bitter sweet problems. Awesome that we're getting so much traffic, but sucks when we get put over the edge and things slow down.
    11-30-08 10:45 PM
    Thanks for the update Kevin
    11-30-08 10:51 PM
    Hey Guys,

We're working on it. At the moment it's definitely the influx of traffic from new Storm owners. It's actually pretty insane. Over the past few months we've been adding more and more servers, set up load balancers, etc., and everytime things start to run smooth we get hit by another bump in traffic that's putting it over the edge.

We'll continue to add servers and tweak things. Right now it seems only the forums are bogged down - the blogs, galleries and store are fast, but when the forums are getting to their busiest points they are slowing down. But this is TOP priority.

Hopefully we'll have this addressed and things snappy SOON. In the mean time, I THANK You for the patience. It's one of those bitter sweet problems. Awesome that we're getting so much traffic, but sucks when we get put over the edge and things slow down.

I know the feeling...

I have run many websites and I truly do know the feeling...

thanks though its a great site keep it going
    11-30-08 10:56 PM
    Of course the store is working snappy, lol

Yeah the past few days have been a major slowdown on my curve

11-30-08 10:58 PM
    I Although on another note, this should have been posted in the forum regarding site issues- not BlackBerry.
    Considering the lag time I'm getting , I wasn't about to search for the right forum. The fact that I was able to get access at all made me jump on the BB forum to find out if it was my laptop or a site thing

And thanks muchly for the update , Kevin
    11-30-08 11:15 PM
    Yea just look at the Storm forums. So many new threads by new users and old. I could only imagine the number of hits and posts the forums gets per hour.

11-30-08 11:53 PM
    Pages load pretty fast on Opera Mini.
    12-01-08 12:12 AM
    Hey Guys,

BAN STORM users KEVIN, go on DO IT, DO IT!!! LOL!!!
    12-01-08 12:56 AM
    This is what happens when we keep setting records for most users online. Now that it is late and some of the Storm Troopers have gone to bed, things are flowing good again.
    12-01-08 01:01 AM
    This is what happens when we keep setting records for most users online. Now that it is late and some of the Storm Troopers have gone to bed, things are flowing good again.
    Storm Troopers I love it.
    12-01-08 01:13 AM
    Yeah I had the same problems also but it looks as if all of the troopers has turned in for the night.

12-01-08 01:19 AM
    Yeah I had the same problems also but it looks as if all of the troopers has turned in for the night.

Come on Apollo, you know you want one....quit fighting it...
    12-01-08 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD