Some people on here would suggest doubling up on your stock and lowering your average price...

I would probably do what you're doing and just take it like a man, come to a forum, and complain.
    howarmat likes this.
    06-14-12 01:36 PM
    Besides, Kevin doesn't even use BB anymore....

Whatever device Kevin holds in his hand, he always has a blackberry in his heart!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 01:39 PM
    I agree with you OP, this site does sometimes look like the trolls are running amuck on this #1 BB fan site

IMO, normal non-BB phone users wouldn't visit this site with such troll regularity, they simply don't care...like I could care less about visiting apple or android sites...i.e. Some are surely paid pr subversive trolls

Most of the anti-RIM talk comes from bb users and ex-bb users who are frustrated with the things RIM has done (or usually failed to do). A few are probably overenthusiastic users of other devices coming here to troll. I doubt that there are any paid subversives here.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 01:43 PM
    Shhh. Don't let common sense get in the way of anthogag's conspiracy theory. It's his schtick.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    06-14-12 01:49 PM
    Sirius XM, Research In Motion: 2 Charts Headed in Opposite Directions - Seeking Alpha

Here's an actual article by Rocco.

Its pretty telling. Here's a portion of it.

As Seeking Alpha readers may have noticed, I believe in both technical and fundamental analysis. I probably use the former more often, but I tend to focus on fundamentals in many cases. At present time it's pretty clear that SIRI's fundamentals are lacking and RIMM's appear relatively sound. I have two problems with fundamental analysis in the here and now -- (1) It often takes what management tells us as gospel for informing future predictions and (2) It ignores 'the story'.
    Intuition leads me to believe that investors should prepare for the bottom to fall out of SIRI and RIMM to rebound. Sometimes, however, the trend is your friend. To guard against short-term burps in each stock's trajectory, I suggest playing SIRI's rise and RIMM's continued fall with LEAPS options. You can see how I suggest playing RIMM here. That strategy has no reason not to remain intact. This freefall has no end in sight, and it's not going to get better with Q2 results and an eventual guidance miss for the full year.

Who creates the stories to be told to the masses?

If you read any of his articles after that you can tell his main intention is to continue pushing negative sentiment on RIM by focusing on the story. He just bashes RIM with negative emotionally charged language and barely any analysis. He was obviously not alone in this way of 'reporting'.

I don't agree with the OP but I think people are either ignorant or are feigning naviety if they don't think the media has agendas and biases or that it isn't instrumental in forming perceptions.

There is definitely a lot more to the story of the past year but with BB10 the story is set to change.
    06-14-12 11:45 PM
    If you think Seeking Alpha is bad, you probably haven't been to Minyanville. Do yourself a favor and don't. It's just a bunch of pro-Apple tools who take themselves much more seriously than anyone else does.

Forbes is no picnic in Waterloo, either.
    06-15-12 12:23 AM
    Well aren't you just a ball of cute.

Only not.

LOL'd so hard at this I snorted.
    06-15-12 12:24 AM
    Yes. Anyone who says anything that isn't RAH RAH SISS POOH BAH RIM is a "paid subversive troll". *insert massive eyeroll here*

Massive eyeroll is more effective with an emoticon
    06-15-12 04:14 AM
    Call me crazy but, I have to be a blackberry fan reading and responding to this using my playbook.
    06-15-12 04:56 AM
    I am a BB fan, but IMO, its the negative press RIM is receiving, that is doing them the most harm. Speculation is a killer, when all "stories" not fit to print are about the same demise of RIM and BB10 will be DOA, it will be hard to get the stock to start to climb. between the trolls, half truths and the traders "shorting" the stock (Short selling is selling shares that you don't own in the belief that the price is going to fall), lately, RIM couldn't buy a break... sadly
    06-15-12 10:00 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD