I may have read this on this forum...don't remember...but, I've run across a pretty simple solution for SPAM filtering.

I use RoadRunner as my primary e-mail provider. On their webmail site, they offer junk mail filtering. I've got it set to add "SPAM" to the subject when junk mail is detected. I then have the mail sent to my address anyway,

On the BB internet service site, it's set to not send any e-mails that have "SPAM" in the subject line.

It's not perfect but has served to eliminate 80%+ of spam from being sent to my BB.
    12-24-08 11:21 AM
    I use GMail, and have not received any SPAM emails. If I come across the issue of SPAM emails, I will keep this useful tip in mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 11:46 AM
    I may have read this on this forum...don't remember...but, I've run across a pretty simple solution for SPAM filtering.

I use RoadRunner as my primary e-mail provider. On their webmail site, they offer junk mail filtering. I've got it set to add "SPAM" to the subject when junk mail is detected. I then have the mail sent to my address anyway,

On the BB internet service site, it's set to not send any e-mails that have "SPAM" in the subject line.

It's not perfect but has served to eliminate 80%+ of spam from being sent to my BB.
    Forward your roadrunner email to a gmail account and associate it with your BB. Spam will automatically get filtered out and not delivered to your BB.
    12-24-08 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD