New CB.com member here!

So far thank you all for the warm welcome!!! I have a question... that might not belong in this area... but I couldn't find the appropriate one for it... so here goes...

I am eagerly and patiently waiting for the 8330 Curve to come to my carrier in Canada (Telus) and from what I know... it should be available in the next 60 days or so... I will be getting one right away... **grin** ... my question is about how BIS works for the consumer side of the market... I currently have a good old clunky 7250 that was issued to me by my employer (We have BES at work)... but of course for my personal device I will be using BIS through Telus when the Curve arrives....

Once BIS is all set up... lets say someone sends me an email... that email arrives on my POP email server at Telus. At that point... does BIS essentially "poll" the POP email server at Telus... see a new message waiting for me... and "push" it out to my device?? If so.. does it leave a copy on the server.. so that when I go home.. open up my laptop... and open up my email software... the email still arrives there? I am assuming this is the way it works... since you can have multiple POP email account's email sent to the device...

Or are those settings and things that I set up when I actually go to set up BIS once I get my device activated?

Just wondering if I sort of have the right idea... heheheheheh sounds like it may be a simple question... but I can't even get a straight answer out of the Tech Support people at Telus

Thanks everyone!!!

Cheers!

Soarin
    03-25-08 08:39 PM
    Yes, the BIS forwards the emails setup on your BB directly to it once received on the server.
    Secondary email accounts on the redirector work differently though..
    And yes, the 8330 Curve is coming to Telus very soon...
    03-25-08 08:44 PM
    You have the concept figured out

If you get the email on your BB from BIS it will also stay on the server so that it will also be available on your laptop. However, when you delete an email from the BB, the BB gives you the option to delete off of the BB AND the server, or just the BB.
    03-25-08 08:48 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies! You all rock!

Cheers!

Soarin
    03-25-08 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD