I came through one of the regular posters in a thread mentioning about the upcoming BIS tiered programme. Something about our choice of what type of services we wanted for our new BIS programme. And I remembered I read somewhere about one of our carriers in Malaysia is actually have this tiered programme for BIS.
    I wonder if this is actually what they meant of tiered BIS programme.
    Checkout the link. http://www.tunetalk.com/services/blackberryabout

And the screenshots of the BIS choices.
    Attached Thumbnails Is this a simple e.g. of a BIS tiered programmes?-capturenux-202013-01-20-2001.01.20.jpg   Is this a simple e.g. of a BIS tiered programmes?-capturenux-202013-01-20-2001.01.47.jpg  
    01-19-13 11:15 AM
    i have heard of places offering these type of plans before. I do think this that this is similar to what we will see going forward in the way of tiered plans.
    01-19-13 11:21 AM
    I came through one of the regular posters in a thread mentioning about the upcoming BIS tiered programme. Something about our choice of what type of services we wanted for our new BIS programme. And I remembered I read somewhere about one of our carriers in Malaysia is actually have this tiered programme for BIS.
    I wonder if this is actually what they meant of tiered BIS programme.
    Checkout the link. Tune Talk - The Cheapest Mobile Prepaid Service in Malaysia | This is Prepaid!

And the screenshots of the BIS choices.
    Others don't seem to have the full knowledge they need. The tiered plans are available on tune talk as well as maxis in malaysia 30RM for a month for bbm. This is not new information though we have had these for years.
    01-19-13 11:29 AM
    Cool.. If this is one of the examples, that means we've got more choices and probably prepaid versions (like this) so that we don't have to subscribe for international roaming and still connected to BBM (only) when we are travelling.
    More plans for consumers..
    01-19-13 11:31 AM
    i have heard of places offering these type of plans before. I do think this that this is similar to what we will see going forward in the way of tiered plans.
    They offer this in Canada.
    01-19-13 11:33 AM
    What sort of plan is this? You can have everything except browsing and whatsapp. For those, you pay more.

If they tried this in the US, there would be an uproar from the Apple and Droid communities.
    01-19-13 11:39 AM
    Others don't seem to have the full knowledge they need. The tiered plans are available on tune talk as well as maxis in malaysia 30RM for a month for bbm. This is not new information though we have had these for years.
    This is probably what I actually need.. Currently i'm done with a RM188/month (unlimited data + BIS) contract with Celcom. And frankly, I hardly use more than 1.5GB/month and compelled to either move to tune talk or wait for the new tiered programme.

And oh yeah, current exchange rate is around USD1=RM3.0130. Which means the BIS programme is roughly USD6 (RM18) per month without data.
    01-19-13 11:41 AM
    What sort of plan is this? You can have everything except browsing and whatsapp. For those, you pay more.

If they tried this in the US, there would be an uproar from the Apple and Droid communities.
    For USD6/month, u get full BIS without dataplan. U can add another USD10/month for 1GB data.
    I think it is consider cheap for a USD16/month for a full usage of the smartphone.
    01-19-13 11:47 AM
    My wireless carrier (Rogers Wireless) does not have any BlackBerry-specific data plans except to mention BIS/BES email under the features tab for various BlackBerry smartphones. There are no breakdowns for various data caps (100MB, 500MB, 1GB, etc.) They used to provide this information. It appears the BlackBerry-specific data plans, aside from email and/or social networks, are an historic artefact.
    01-19-13 11:13 PM
    My wireless carrier (Rogers Wireless) does not have any BlackBerry-specific data plans except to mention BIS/BES email under the features tab for various BlackBerry smartphones. There are no breakdowns for various data caps (100MB, 500MB, 1GB, etc.) They used to provide this information. It appears the BlackBerry-specific data plans, aside from email and/or social networks, are an historic artefact.
    nice display pic
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-19-13 11:45 PM
    nice display pic
    Glad you like it. LOL Now get off my lawn!
    01-20-13 01:43 PM