Question

Contract due for renewal in Feb, torn between the bold 9700 or the Torch - ALL thoughts welcomed

Cheers

Mel
    12-27-10 07:34 AM
    Both are most excellent devices. Try them in the store. Spend enough time to find your own personal preference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 07:57 AM
    I really love my torch!

of all my Mobile phones, it is my favourite.

but you really do need to feel them, I don't mind sliding the phone for the keyboard, but if that is an issue for you the 9700 or 9780 would be a much better choice.

All will have OS6
    12-27-10 08:08 AM
    Best advice is to try them out in person.
    12-27-10 09:38 AM
    Both are most excellent devices. Try them in the store. Spend enough time to find your own personal preference.

Got to agree with this seriously!

I couldn't decide my mind that time on which BB to get. Either Bold or Curve. I had my eyes on Bold but Curve was like really cheap in my mind. Tested it for a couple of times in different stores and ended up with Bold.

Try it out. Which feels the best is the winner. It really depends on your personal liking
    12-27-10 09:41 AM
    Bold... I'm not a big touchscreen guy.

Only you know what the best will be for you, go to the store and give them a whirl.
    12-27-10 11:00 AM
    Bold 97000/9780, either of which is the similar of the two (one has less memory, camera, wifi N for the 9780)

12-27-10 11:12 AM
    I really love my torch!

of all my Mobile phones, it is my favourite.

but you really do need to feel them, I don't mind sliding the phone for the keyboard, but if that is an issue for you the 9700 or 9780 would be a much better choice.

All will have OS6
    +1.

I went from a Curve to a Bold to the Torch. I also had a couple of Palms before the BB's - Treo 650 that was my favorite until the Curve, and a Treo 750 that I absolutely hated (because of WinMo 6). I loved almost everything about the Bold, but I wanted a larger display and better browser, and I didn't want to give up the physical keyboard. I've become addicted to the touch screen and can't see myself living without one now, but I still use the keyboard for emails and longer text entry. Love this phone.

For the OP, it depends on what you use the phone for most. If you do mostly emails, the Bold's keyboard is better than the Torch's slider (not that the Torch's is bad -- it's just not quite as ergo-friendly as the Bold's). If you do more browsing, short texting, and visual-type stuff, the Torch is definitely the way to go. But as everyone has said, there's nothing like hands-on experience to decide which is best for you.
    12-27-10 11:20 AM
    +1 Bold 9780,i dont like touch
    12-27-10 11:57 AM
    LOL, you're going to get a 50/50 response. Best advice has been given, go to the store and use both devices, that way you can make the decision based on what suits your needs the best.
    12-27-10 12:32 PM
    Bold 97000/9780, either of which is the similar of the two (one has less memory, camera, wifi N for the 9780)
    I had thought the 9780 was coming with Wireless-N before its release, but it does NOT have it.

Only BB's to my knowledge that have Wirelss-N are Torch 9800, Pearl 9100, and Curve 9300 (but NOT the 9330).

I would say that 90% or more of the time, the difference between G and N is unnoticeable. This is subjective and also varies depending on the nature of sites you visit and strength of your G signal.
    For downloading large apps, there is an appreciable speed difference though.
    12-27-10 02:36 PM
    It all comes down to form factor now.

If you want a touch screen, go Torch.
    If you want a traditional style Blackberry, go Bold.

12-27-10 02:42 PM
    boils down to personal preference, just don't decide based on what you think without playing with it. You'll never know til you check it out.
    12-27-10 03:16 PM
    Thanks All - appreciate the guidance
    12-28-10 04:30 AM
    Here's an idea...try out both and see which one you like most then choose that one.

And if you are interested in the 9700 form factor, why don't you get the 9780?
    12-28-10 10:12 AM
    BlackBerry Bold and Torch both are good and demanding smart phones in the market. Famous for their elegant design, features and apps, they both have different specifications like fastest memory, instant messaging, Multi tabs browsing, GPS, WIFI, blue tooth and Social Networking.
    12-30-10 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD