Hi to All Forum Members,

This is a question I have just to see what most users here do or recomend.I found that what actually is proven though actual user experience is better then going by whats written in black and white (well sometimes anyhoo ).I know the batteies in the newer phones don't have memories and stuff but just want to get the max life out of my standard battery I don't like extended life batteries.
    So my main question is this, Alot of times my phone needs to stay on though the day most of the time(all night) and sometimes when I go to bed I know its not going to last all night so does leaving it plugged into charger at night with the phone on is this hurting my battery life ?or making it where it won't hold a charge as long the more I do (which I haven't yet thats why posting this thread).Also does contant bumping to recharge when it's not totally battery drained like 1/3 of battery life left shouldn't hurt since battery has no memory ? correct?. I have a Currve 8330 and didnt find a thread on this when I searched for one before posting so if there is I missed it all replies are welcome, I know kinda of easy question but I just want to make sure of as a double check.
    07-25-09 09:12 AM
    Charging your phone all night with the phone on will not hurt your battery nor shorten its life. Frequent topping off of the charge will not hurt it either. About the only thing you should avoid is a full discharge. Discharging a lithium ion battery completely can shorten its life. All batteries have a number of charge-discharge cycles. When you see your battery failing to take a full charge, or not lasting as long under the same usage as previously, it's time to get a new one.
    07-25-09 09:18 AM
    About the only thing you should avoid is a full discharge
    Thanks for all the info especially "about the full battery discharge", I haven't let the battery get that low yet... But was unaware it should be avoided, till now.
    07-25-09 01:18 PM
    Its not the end of the world if you kill the battery once or twice but dont do it everyday. Jeff is 100% correct in his answer. Follow his advice and your good to go.
    07-25-09 01:32 PM
    I agree with Jeff. I read somewhere that frequent charges are recommended for lithium ion batteries. A full discharge may be done only once in a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD