I bought my Blackberry Priv and I really love it. At the shop I was told Virgin Mobile had good coverage so I signed a 30 day contract on 5/7/2018 and had the sim card put in my new phone. The internet HAS NEVER WORKED. I have wifi at home so I know the phone goes on the net with no problem but outside I cannot get access. On 21 November I got very annoyed and spend hours talking to the technical dept at Virgin and via text ending at 8pm at night. In the end a gentleman told me they NO LONGER SUPPORT BLACKBERRY PRIV because their sim is not compatible and it did not matter how hard we tried it just would not work.

So yesterday I signed with another supplier and ported the number and 2 hours later I was on the net.................... Today I got a bill for internet use from last month from Virgin ...............I could not check the bill because I could no longer get on my account.

I am not going to pay it.
    11-23-18 10:30 AM
    I am not going to pay it.
    I don't think it works like that, at least not that easily. Prepare your stern voice.
    11-23-18 12:43 PM
    Virgin Mobile will claim negligence on your part.

+ Did you check your account on a PC? If not, why not?
    + Why did you wait four months before taking any kind of action?

Moving to another supplier was a good move, but you should have acted much sooner.

Good luck with Virgin - if you can get past the Indian call centre.
    01-01-19 06:22 AM
    Back off with the racist undertone. All call centres work from a script (try dealing with HMRC on the phone) the issue here is that older blackberrys are becoming increasingly obsolete
    01-01-19 07:57 AM
    Are we talking about single month?
    01-01-19 08:04 AM
    the OP bought the phone from a store and was advised that Virgin Mobile provided good coverage . it should be the responsibility of the store to provide correct information. the issue will be that they will potentially dispute that they provided the information.
    01-01-19 09:19 AM
    the OP bought the phone from a store and was advised that Virgin Mobile provided good coverage . it should be the responsibility of the store to provide correct information. the issue will be that they will potentially dispute that they provided the information.
    OP says 30 day contract? What does that mean?
    01-01-19 12:15 PM
    Back off with the racist undertone. All call centres work from a script (try dealing with HMRC on the phone) the issue here is that older blackberrys are becoming increasingly obsolete

PRIV is Android, therefore SIM compatible shouldn’t have anything to do with anything....outsourcing to foreign countries will always have dialect issues that will be frustrating, not because of race, but communication difficulties.
    nuffznuff likes this.
    01-01-19 12:19 PM
    OP says 30 day contract? What does that mean?
    In the UK you can opt for a 30 day contract, not the best deal as standard contracts are 12/24 months . The longer the contract normally the better the deal .

Based on it being a 30 day contract I would suggest OP explains situation to Virgin Mobile ( wherever their call centre is) and see if he can get the bill cancelled or get a discount .
    01-01-19 04:47 PM
    outsourcing to foreign countries will always have dialect issues that will be frustrating, not because of race, but communication difficulties.
    Tell me about it. My heart sinks when they answer. I'm a bit deaf so the accent makes it almost impossible for me to understand what they are saying.
    nuffznuff and melhiore like this.
    01-01-19 04:49 PM