kinda confused! i ordered the curve as a upgrade. i loaded sim card came with bb. it showed sos invalid sim card. ok so i loaded sim card that had been in my razr. it worked fine. then week later i get email att saying new sim card came with my curve was 3g! n i needed activate that. so i looked at old new sim cards both have 3g symbol on them. whats up with att saying 3g works on bb curve? am i missing anything here?
    12-03-07 01:19 AM
    The SIM card does not give you 3G. The phone must support 3G frequencies to be able to do 3G. No Blackberry at this time supports 3G.

All at&t SIMs being issued today say 3G on them. Some older ones didn't. But you state both of yours do. They are probably the same. Now it is possible, something on your account was programed to only work with the new SIM number. And that could be the reason they are telling you to install it. But you are not getting 3G out of any Blackberry. It's just a label on the SIM.
    12-03-07 07:15 AM
    well heres part email seems they are being decptive then?
    Take your phone to the next level with 3G

With your new Blackberry? Curve 8300 (Refurb) is a 3G SIM card-and a new world of possibilities. Now you can enjoy high-speed access to email, the Web, video clips, and so much more. Your phone can multitask as well as you do, wherever you are, with the latest in wireless technology from AT&T: 3G.

<http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/why/technology/3g-umts.jsp>Learn more about 3G

It's easy to get started using 3G. Just activate the 3G SIM card you received with your new device. Visit our activations website and follow the easy steps below, or call 1-866-895-1099.
    12-03-07 08:07 AM
    This probably won't be much help, but I have to stick my nose in..

At work, when I got a new 8310 Curve to replace my 8700, I had to get a new SIM. Not sure if it was because it wasn't 3G or if it was because my old SIM was from the old "blue" network.

Good luck!
    12-03-07 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD