So my BB Pearl had a meeting with some water...dropped it...fried it. So I have a new one now...
    My media card was in my phone at the time of submersion. My provider says it's not safe to put my old card in my new phone...says it will mess it up. Wanted me to buy a new one...

My question...IS it okay to put the old card into the new phone? Was he giving me a line trying to get me to buy one from him? Or is it really not okay to put it back in?

Anyone????
    10-23-08 05:35 PM
    Your old card is fine.
    10-23-08 05:36 PM
    I have dropped my media card in water before and i let it dry out for a few days and put it back in my phone and never had a problem. I am not saying put it back in but when I did I didn't have any problems.
    10-23-08 05:37 PM
    Are you asking about your SIM card or media card?
    10-23-08 05:40 PM
    Why did I say SIM card??? Sorry, I mean media card...it has been a day...a week...heck, it's been a year.
    10-23-08 05:43 PM
    it should be fine, as long as it didn't short out as well
    10-23-08 05:45 PM
    Media card should be just fine, the connectors are real small and it's unlikely it did any damage. Even if it did, it won't fry your device, just won't work.
    10-23-08 05:46 PM
    I did check my card on my computer with my adapter...luckily everything is still there...
    wait a few days and try it? or just put it back in?
    10-23-08 05:48 PM
    Since you are putting it INSIDE your phone, best to play on the safe side and let it dry for a couple of days after the water fall. Putting it in an adapter and a card reader is one thing. I if there is any slim chance that there in water inside the plastic housing for the media card, the last place you'd want that moisture, would be inside your phone. So yea let it dry a couple of days won't hurt to wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD