My girlfriend is coming to the US for the summer from France. As she will only be here for 4 months she wants to get a prepaid plan and bring her blackbery curve 9320 from France. I know nothing about Blackberrys and am trying to find her a plan. I see that some providers have plans specific to blackberrys. She just wants a plan where she can pop in a sim card and go.

Does she need a blackberry plan of can she use a normal plan? What would be the difference between buying a normal plan and a blackberry plan?

Does anyone have any providers or plans they could recommend?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    04-15-13 02:02 PM
    My girlfriend is coming to the US for the summer from France. As she will only be here for 4 months she wants to get a prepaid plan and bring her blackbery curve 9320 from France. I know nothing about Blackberrys and am trying to find her a plan. I see that some providers have plans specific to blackberrys. She just wants a plan where she can pop in a sim card and go.

Does she need a blackberry plan of can she use a normal plan? What would be the difference between buying a normal plan and a blackberry plan?

Does anyone have any providers or plans they could recommend?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    First her phone needs to be unlocked in order to use another carriers sim card in it.

Second I run on a android plan in Canada so it will work on BB's that's what you call a normal plan and has the BB services available to add to it for FREE.

Third a BB plan is a plan that ensures the BB services are available and so forth for BB devices.

So go with a pre-paid plan from which carrier she can use GSM or CDMA carrier and be happy, just make sure its unlocked and know which carriers she can use.
    04-16-13 08:33 AM
    T-Mobile has monthly prepaid plans. They also have a Wal-Mart special which would include 100 minutes, unlimited texts, and unlimited BlackBerry data for around $40US per month (data gets throttled after 5GB). I think the deal is also available on the Internet, but not available in their stores.

If she needs more minutes, there are other plans available as well. They are probably the better of the carriers at no plan offerings, although it is a good idea to check out their coverage where she will be.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:43 AM