Periodically (1-6 x/day) my phone will read SIM Card Error and have no signal. This is frustrating as when this happens I can't receive calls, etc. When I notice it happen I take out the battery and SIM Card and replace and reboot. It re verify's the security software (with that progress bar...100%) and then resumes working.

It's frustrating to have to keep doing this over and over.

1. I've already gotten a replacement SIM card from T Mobile - that didn't fix the problem.

2. What else can I try?

Thanks!
    05-28-09 09:30 PM
    I'd like to hear this answered too. SIM Card Error has been happening to my Flip 8220 during the past week. QuickPull fixes it but it keeps happening every couple of days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 04:33 PM
    We had this happen a number of times to more than one of our BES users. Our solution was to get a new SIM from *insert provider here*. That seemed to fix it, it hasn't cropped up since then.
    06-07-09 04:46 PM
    Yeah I was having the same issue and I just went in to my local tmobile store and they just gave me a new one and haven't seen an error since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 04:50 PM
    We had this happen a number of times to more than one of our BES users. Our solution was to get a new SIM from *insert provider here*. That seemed to fix it, it hasn't cropped up since then.
    I didn't see that the OP had already gotten a new SIM from T-Mobile.

If that's the case, I'd take the phone to them and ask what gives.
    06-07-09 04:53 PM
    Try reloading the software on the device since you have already tried a replacement sim. You can always try another sim card. I don't think the chances of having 3 bad sim cards in a row are high but it could happen. After reloading the software see if the sim card error still happens. If it does you might want to get a replacement.
    06-07-09 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD