Okay, on saturday night a beer fell over and spilled all over my BB. Now Some of the buttons dont work. If I call and tell my provider I lost my phone and have them send another will I loose all my numbers on my sim card or will i still be able to put the sim card in and save the #'s to the address book of the new BB?

Thanks for any and all your help!
    01-12-09 09:21 AM
    I would expect the SIM card to survive the dunking. If you had your address book saved to it, you should be able put it in the replacement phone and recover your data.
    01-12-09 09:40 AM
    you would still be able to retrieve your sim phone book so long as it didnt short out
    01-12-09 09:40 AM
    Wont the provider zap my current sim card when they send a new one. The only way I can get a new phone is by saying I lost my phone or it got stolen.

So you still think I would be able to put the card in the new one and it will still reveal my #'s?

I f'n hate it when things like this happen! All my damn themes will be lost!! Luckily I have a 4gb card so my ringtones and pictures wont be lost!
    01-12-09 09:44 AM
    They wont *zap* your sim card
    01-12-09 09:46 AM
    the will take your service off of it, but it doesnt lock it down or anything
    01-12-09 09:47 AM
    Wont the provider zap my current sim card when they send a new one. The only way I can get a new phone is by saying I lost my phone or it got stolen.

So you still think I would be able to put the card in the new one and it will still reveal my #'s?

I f'n hate it when things like this happen! All my damn themes will be lost!! Luckily I have a 4gb card so my ringtones and pictures wont be lost!
    Please do not try to make Crackberry accomplices to fraud. Thread Closed.
    01-12-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD