I have been led to believe (by carrier) that sims are device specific. Does this mean that you can only swap sims between like devices... or, at most, between the same brand of device?
    01-30-17 07:00 AM
    SIMs are device specific in that they require certain sizes of sim cards like the nano etc but it doesn't matter about the brand or type of device. I regularly flip between android, BB10 and IPhone with the same sim card and never once have to contact my carrier.
    mrhobbsworth likes this.
    01-30-17 10:15 AM
    I've regularly switched my sim between devices and never had to call my carrier, which is Wind/freedom mobile.

Never tried using 2 sims with the same number though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I've switched SIMs many times. Carrier doesn't care, but on my bill it seems to know what kind of phone I'm on.

I take that back. ATT recognizes our iPhone and the Z10, but is calling my Dtek50 "unknown device". It previously recognized the Z30 that was on that line.
    01-30-17 10:29 AM
    I've switched SIMs many times. Carrier doesn't care, but on my bill it seems to know what kind of phone I'm on.

I take that back. ATT recognizes our iPhone and the Z10, but is calling my Dtek50 "unknown device". It previously recognized the Z30 that was on that line.
    Yeah the SIM Card lets a carrier know you have an account, they also check IMEI numbers to make sure your phone is compatible (and isn't stolen). At one time only listed "whitelisted" IMEI numbers would work., and a Carrier would get those numbers from the manufactures that provided them with phones. Now today, they have info on all sorts of brands and many don't whitelist in the same way they once did... so even unknown phones are allowed to work on their network.
    01-30-17 11:02 AM
    Please be gentle...

I have read multiple posts where people claim to be using two devices, at once (i.e. - passport for business and classic for personal). How are you achieving this?

Thank you!
    2 phone lines
    01-30-17 11:18 AM
    I have a PRIV for work and a DTEK50 for personal. Each are on different carrier networks (so two SIMs) with different phone numbers.
    01-31-17 12:00 PM
56 123