the benefit of having two devices for different purposes is that you can keep email accounts, CalDAV and Tasks in sync if your email carrier supports ActiveSync, so what ever device you pick up you got all email, Calendar and Remember Tasks in sync and ready at hand with all the same app's and BlackBerry ID too.

By using an aged but fully functional BlackBerry with latest update and by getting a 2nd Device if occasion opening up and adding a cheap data-only SIM extending all sorts of options.... for instant I did go for the Classic+Passport option because that way I'm able to dump my oldish Laptop for the better and still got all possibilities but less and smaller gear to use everywhere.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 01-24-17 at 05:33 AM.
    01-24-17 05:13 AM
    well just to put your mind at rest....

there is absolut no need for two devices at all, it's rather adding up for confusion organising both devices... and most of the time you would rather go for the smaller and easier to handle device anyway.

so as a sample in practice... yeah got a nice Passport, but leave it at home most of the time because of the big size, rather grab the Classic because it fits better in my pockets and is less attention grabbing in public than the Passport.

Conclusion:
    Classic is more useful all around and does all and everything what the Passport providing as well, just slightly smaller and well yes slightly slower, but who cares.

01-24-17 05:28 AM
    The extra SIM card service cost me 5 bucks extra/month...it's a swiss carrier though, called Sunrise

So only makes sense in Switzerland...no that's not Sweden... lol

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 05:42 AM
    I dual carry but in decidedly non co-equal fashion. I find it easiest to assign a "primary carry" device to handle calendar, contacts, sms, etc. The "secondary carry" can then share email, voice, browsing, mapping, etc. Each have their own phone #. A $10/line adder to my VZW bill.

For me, my old 9930 still performs primary carry duties. It is with me 100% of the time. Family, coworkers, bosses, some vip clients are all directed to it. I prefer the way its calendar works, also. Browsing, on it, is on a "dire need" basis.

My secondary carry is usually a Classic. Mostly because I view it as the most single handed friendly of BB10. Valuable to me for ability to operate both Classic and 9930 simultaneously, one in each hand. A VERY powerful combo that, among other things, permits easy checking & editing of calendar, contacts, messages, spreadsheets, etc in one hand while simultaneously voice or messaging over the other device in the other hand. Might sound complicated but once I got accustomed to it, I feel quite limited without it.

I typically assign all customers, vendors and some sub contractors to my secondary carry #. This keeps conversations nicely segregated while permitting me to "translate" comments between the groups. My team can get "colorfully creative" in ways I'd rather not expose uninitiated clients to, for example... Lol.

Also, when venturing into some locales, I'll switch to att 9900 and Passport combo. Or, sometimes, I triple carry my Passport along with a 99 & Classic or Z30. Depends on expected needs for the day. Between three devices, 3#s and two carriers, it's gotten pretty hard to hide from the phone by getting on the highway, as in the "good ole days"... Lol.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-24-17 10:19 AM
    T-Mobile USA is beta testing a program called Digits that let's you either share one number on multiple devices, or multiple numbers on one device. FWIW

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 01:27 PM
    I would love to be able to switch my SIM between devices but my provider will NOT let me do this unless I do an office visit which is of course very inconvenient. Is this common with Canadian carriers or am I the exception? Sorry about the partial thread takeover but the question is somewhat connected to the OP.
    No apology necessary! I know a few Canadians and I can't find any sign of a common link. But, then the canadians that i know are not what you'd call common. And I know a few Canadians.
    On the other hand, the ones I know probably came from the States. And I know a few people from the states!
    01-24-17 02:55 PM
    T-Mobile USA is beta testing a program called Digits that let's you either share one number on multiple devices, or multiple numbers on one device. FWIW

Posted via CB10
    I will have to check this out. Sounds promising. I have 3 BlackBerry 10 devices I use. Classic is my primary. Passport usually on WiFi @ the house and for reading. Still fire up my Z10 because well I love the size for an all touch and the one handedness and feel.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    01-24-17 02:57 PM
    I dual carry but in decidedly non co-equal fashion. I find it easiest to assign a "primary carry" device to handle calendar, contacts, sms, etc. The "secondary carry" can then share email, voice, browsing, mapping, etc. Each have their own phone #. A $10/line adder to my VZW bill.

For me, my old 9930 still performs primary carry duties. It is with me 100% of the time. Family, coworkers, bosses, some vip clients are all directed to it. I prefer the way its calendar works, also. Browsing, on it, is on a "dire need" basis.

My secondary carry is usually a Classic. Mostly because I view it as the most single handed friendly of BB10. Valuable to me for ability to operate both Classic and 9930 simultaneously, one in each hand. A VERY powerful combo that, among other things, permits easy checking & editing of calendar, contacts, messages, spreadsheets, etc in one hand while simultaneously voice or messaging over the other device in the other hand. Might sound complicated but once I got accustomed to it, I feel quite limited without it.

I typically assign all customers, vendors and some sub contractors to my secondary carry #. This keeps conversations nicely segregated while permitting me to "translate" comments between the groups. My team can get "colorfully creative" in ways I'd rather not expose uninitiated clients to, for example... Lol.

Also, when venturing into some locales, I'll switch to att 9900 and Passport combo. Or, sometimes, I triple carry my Passport along with a 99 & Classic or Z30. Depends on expected needs for the day. Between three devices, 3#s and two carriers, it's gotten pretty hard to hide from the phone by getting on the highway, as in the "good ole days"... Lol.

Just the fact that you can handle all this on three different devices tells me I must be doing "something wrong' to be able to do it all on just my Passport.
    Or maybe you're just not getting the hang of Multitasking!!
    It took me a while to get the hang of it. I tried walking and chewing gum and i tripped!
    01-24-17 03:03 PM
    I can move my sim card to any device without informing my carrier.

As a matter of fact, I haven't let them know that I have upgraded my phone 3 times since I've spoken to them about anything.
    Wildman Conite, Living on the Digital Edge.
    01-24-17 05:05 PM
    Wildman Conite, Living on the Digital Edge.
    “Say yer prayers ya long eared galoot!”
    01-24-17 08:04 PM
    I do this with my CDN carrier. You must have wind or fido or koodo

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    I have koodo,and I have done it.l I have switch from I phone 4 when I got the plan. To a 4s. The got my z10 then another z10 then a z30. Haven't had a problem

#luvmybb10os
    01-24-17 10:16 PM
    I've two SIM cards from the same provider for the same number, so both cards one in Classic and one in Passport and I can just switch on the device I feel I wanna use by a unlock code... pretty smart service, love it

Posted via CB10
    Really? I honestly didn't think it was possible... what happens when both devices are on at the same time? My understanding was that any given phone number could only be associated with one SIM. And every SIM has a unique identifying number as well.

So, please share more how exactly you have pulled this off?
    01-24-17 10:27 PM
    The extra SIM card service cost me 5 bucks extra/month...it's a swiss carrier though, called Sunrise

So only makes sense in Switzerland...no that's not Sweden... lol

Posted via CB10
    I didn't see this before I replied to your original message. That makes more sense. I should have known the Swiss had it figured out. If there's a way, the Swiss have found out how to do it already.
    01-24-17 10:34 PM
    Please be gentle...

I have read multiple posts where people claim to be using two devices, at once (i.e. - passport for business and classic for personal). How are you achieving this?

Thank you!
    There are no silly questions - just silly answers!

You can ask your carrier to get a "multi card".
    Some of them offer them.
    I have 3 devices (Passport SE, Classic and Z10) running on one contract and one number.
    Works pretty well.

I asked my provider (o2 Germany) if they offer such "multi cards" and they sent me the first one (which is a second SIM card) for free and an second multi card (which is a 3rd SIM card) for 5€.

All you need do is to lock in online (or ask for it at the store) to manage the priorities.
    For example:
    My "original" SIM card has priority 1 (Passport),
    My first multi card has priority 2 (Classic),
    My second multi card has priority 3 (Z10),

This means when a call comes in the Passport will ring - if it's not available then the Classic will ring and if that's not available the Z10 will ring.
    Like in the order the priority is set.

So, in my case - if I'm in mood for the Z10 - I just switch off the mobile cellular connections on the others.
    But you are still able to use the others via WiFi.

The only thing you should keep in mind is that you have to move around the WhatsApp account every time.
    And you should create a BB-ID for each device because of BBM (that will make it easier).
    01-25-17 04:41 AM
    I've changed to 3 phones without my carrier knowing...hope to be 4 with the Dtek 60 contest happening.
    01-25-17 04:51 AM
    Please be gentle...

I have read multiple posts where people claim to be using two devices, at once (i.e. - passport for business and classic for personal). How are you achieving this?

Thank you!
    With a SIM card it all depends on the type of plan you have. For example with AT&T an I Phone is on an I Phone plan. While you can switch between a BlackBerry and your I Phone, and both phones will work I.E. calls and alike. Only the I Phone will have Visual Voice Mail. Meaning you have to call voice mail to pick up the message. Where if the phone was directly registered the phone would download the message for you. The other feature that is tied directly to the phone would be FaceTime. If you registered your BlackBerry and switched off to the I Phone, the phone would only use FaceTime on wifi, not over LTE or alike.

Hope it helps.
    01-25-17 05:48 AM
    I use a Passport for work and a Priv for personal use but sometimes I put the work sim in my Priv when I go on a working holiday so that I can keep in touch with the office and have all the apps I may require while away. Both phones were bought unlocked and the two sims are from different carriers.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 06:57 AM
    as in the picture:
    using a Classic with main SIM (call+data) as usually, got a 2nd SIM (data only) for the Passport from my carrier, both SIM's share my data budget on the same contract.
    The Passport SIM does not enable the phone but SMS and all the rest of what the standard SIM for mobiles can do.
    This extra data-SIM cost only €5 extra, called a Partner-SIM and got it's own phone number.
    Attachment 416402

I think the point is not to have 2 numbers, but to have 2 SIMs with the SAME number. That way you can switch from one phone to another without having to tell everyone to call you on a different number.
    Right now I have a second number on my Z10, which I keep in my car in case I forget my Dtek50. When that happens I have to call my hubby to tell him which phone to call me on. If both had the same # all I would have to do is turn on the phone I'm using.
    01-26-17 02:00 PM
    Really? I honestly didn't think it was possible... what happens when both devices are on at the same time? My understanding was that any given phone number could only be associated with one SIM. And every SIM has a unique identifying number as well.

So, please share more how exactly you have pulled this off?
    Two sim cards which carry the same number, but you activate the phone you wann use with a code and the the other phone cannot be used for phone calls...

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 12:26 PM
    as in the picture:
    using a Classic with main SIM (call+data) as usually, got a 2nd SIM (data only) for the Passport from my carrier, both SIM's share my data budget on the same contract.
    The Passport SIM does not enable the phone but SMS and all the rest of what the standard SIM for mobiles can do.
    This extra data-SIM cost only €5 extra, called a Partner-SIM and got it's own phone number.
    Attachment 416402

What carrier is that? Oh wait... UK huh?

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    01-29-17 02:32 PM
    What carrier is that? Oh wait... UK huh?

He's not in the UK if he's using the Euro. We use the pound over here.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 11:53 PM
    My eyesight must be failing. I thought it was a pound sign, but you're right.

It would be interesting if at&t has a similar program in north America. I doubt it.

And for various reasons, the same number on two Sims is not allowed here.

01-30-17 12:00 AM
    My eyesight must be failing. I thought it was a pound sign, but you're right.

It would be interesting if at&t has a similar program in north America. I doubt it.

And for various reasons, the same number on two Sims is not allowed here.

I think it's not allowed in the UK either. I've never heard of it over here.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 06:31 AM
    I do this with my CDN carrier. You must have wind or fido or koodo

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    I've regularly switched my sim between devices and never had to call my carrier, which is Wind/freedom mobile.

Never tried using 2 sims with the same number though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-30-17 06:43 AM
    I think the point is not to have 2 numbers, but to have 2 SIMs with the SAME number. That way you can switch from one phone to another without having to tell everyone to call you on a different number.
    Right now I have a second number on my Z10, which I keep in my car in case I forget my Dtek50. When that happens I have to call my hubby to tell him which phone to call me on. If both had the same # all I would have to do is turn on the phone I'm using.
    This is illegal in North America. Not impossible, but illegal. You would have to go to someone who specializes in spyware to get a SIM cloned. Usually, this is done by suspicious spouses who want to eavesdrop on the other spouse's calls and texts.
    01-30-17 06:48 AM
56 123