Please be gentle...

I have read multiple posts where people claim to be using two devices, at once (i.e. - passport for business and classic for personal). How are you achieving this?

Thank you!
    01-23-17 02:16 PM
    what would stop you?
    anon(4243545) likes this.
    01-23-17 02:20 PM
    How are you achieving this?
    Not sure what you mean.
    01-23-17 02:20 PM
    Not sure what you mean.
    My apologies for not being more clear.
    Can I assume that folks are using multiple lines and multiple (or shared) data plans to do this?

I am a simple fella with 1 line, right now.
    01-23-17 02:23 PM
    They move the SIM card between devices or keep one on WiFi only.
    mrhobbsworth likes this.
    01-23-17 02:26 PM
    I appreciate the explanation.
    01-23-17 02:29 PM
    I would love to be able to switch my SIM between devices but my provider will NOT let me do this unless I do an office visit which is of course very inconvenient. Is this common with Canadian carriers or am I the exception? Sorry about the partial thread takeover but the question is somewhat connected to the OP.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-23-17 02:35 PM
    I would love to be able to switch my SIM between devices but my provider will NOT let me do this unless I do an office visit which is of course very inconvenient. Is this common with Canadian carriers or am I the exception? Sorry about the partial thread takeover but the question is somewhat connected to the OP.
    I do this with my CDN carrier. You must have wind or fido or koodo

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-23-17 02:36 PM
    I can move my sim card to any device without informing my carrier.

As a matter of fact, I haven't let them know that I have upgraded my phone 3 times since I've spoken to them about anything.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-23-17 02:36 PM
    I guess my carrier blows chunks!
    01-23-17 02:39 PM
    Not only that, but your carrier sucks at the same time. This is concerning to several members of CB here so we passed the hat around and our donations will be enough to buy you out of your phone contract. In return, we just want the movie rights to your situation. We are going to name the movie Free Brookie.

I move my non work sim card around phone to phone no worries and you should too.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 02:53 PM
    Is this common with Canadian carriers or am I the exception?
    Certainly an exception. I've had account with Bell, TELUS and Rogers. All let you change without even thinking of them lol.
    01-23-17 02:56 PM
    Not only that, but your carrier sucks at the same time.
    That is literally physically impossible.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-23-17 03:33 PM
    That is literally physically impossible.
    You underestimate the power of the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 03:45 PM
    Not only that, but your carrier sucks at the same time. This is concerning to several members of CB here so we passed the hat around and our donations will be enough to buy you out of your phone contract. In return, we just want the movie rights to your situation. We are going to name the movie Free Brookie.

I move my non work sim card around phone to phone no worries and you should too.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 04:07 PM
    This

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    01-23-17 04:23 PM
    I've two SIM cards from the same provider for the same number, so both cards one in Classic and one in Passport and I can just switch on the device I feel I wanna use by a unlock code... pretty smart service, love it

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-23-17 05:01 PM
    I've two SIM cards from the same provider for the same number, so both cards one in Classic and one in Passport and I can just switch on the device I feel I wanna use by a unlock code... pretty smart service, love it

Posted via CB10
    That's an interesting setup. Which carrier are you with? I'm with Rogers and they only allow one phone number to be associated with one SIM at any given point in time. At least that's what they tell me!
    01-23-17 05:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Which carrier? Did they charge you extra for that?
    01-23-17 05:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Man I wish Rogers would let me do that! Everytime I get a new phone they ask for the old sim and cut it in half right before your eyes! Why should they care if I have 2 sims in the first place, its all going to the same place and they get their $$$ regardless. People have more than one device nowadays and it sometimes causes problems when I switch so often. The last time I switched I lost Whatsapp!

So do you have to pay extra for being able to have 2??

01-23-17 09:34 PM
    That's an interesting setup. Which carrier are you with? I'm with Rogers and they only allow one phone number to be associated with one SIM at any given point in time. At least that's what they tell me!
    Same, with Rogers. Hey Dan did you ever get that red light to go OFF on your 9900 Been a while buddy.

01-23-17 09:35 PM
    Same, with Rogers. Hey Dan did you ever get that red light to go OFF on your 9900Been a while buddy.

Holy smokes you remember that? You must have a mental inventory of everyone's 9900 status here on CrackBerry!

I did get the 9900 to fire up and it was a very familiar and comfortable feeling. Took a bit to remember all the ins and outs of BBOS but it all came back.

In the end, I couldn't give the 9900 a good test run as my daily driver because it still had BES on it. I tried everything to put the device back to factory settings but in the end, the only way I could do it was to get the BES administrator from my old employer to remove the device from their BES server . And I haven't worked there for almost five years! So without being able to remove BES, I can't add my email accounts which would render the device useless for me.

I suppose that should be considered a positive for companies looking to purchase BES. BlackBerry will always maintain its secure framework no matter how old the device or how long it's been active on company BES servers!

For now, I'm happy as a clam with my DTEK60. I've really starting to take a liking to Android and all of its flexibility (although the Hub and File Manager from BB10 will never be topped). I am so looking forward to the Mercury though because a candy bar qwerty device running Android is my dream phone (I have the Priv as well but never use its pkb).

So thanks, Ralph for resurrecting the 9900 love via that thread that's turned into a monster. It gave me the chance to pull out a legendary device and rekindle some muscle memory that I thought was gone forever. All hail the 9900! And the 9780! And the 8900 as well!!
    anon(9721108) and BigBadWulf like this.
    01-23-17 10:43 PM
    Holy smokes you remember that? You must have a mental inventory of everyone's 9900 status here on CrackBerry!

I did get the 9900 to fire up and it was a very familiar and comfortable feeling. Took a bit to remember all the ins and outs of BBOS but it all came back.

In the end, I couldn't give the 9900 a good test run as my daily driver because it still had BES on it. I tried everything to put the device back to factory settings but in the end, the only way I could do it was to get the BES administrator from my old employer to remove the device from their BES server . And I haven't worked there for almost five years! So without being able to remove BES, I can't add my email accounts which would render the device useless for me.

I suppose that should be considered a positive for companies looking to purchase BES. BlackBerry will always maintain its secure framework no matter how old the device or how long it's been active on company BES servers!

For now, I'm happy as a clam with my DTEK60. I've really starting to take a liking to Android and all of its flexibility (although the Hub and File Manager from BB10 will never be topped). I am so looking forward to the Mercury though because a candy bar qwerty device running Android is my dream phone (I have the Priv as well but never use its pkb).

So thanks, Ralph for resurrecting the 9900 love via that thread that's turned into a monster. It gave me the chance to pull out a legendary device and rekindle some muscle memory that I thought was gone forever. All hail the 9900! And the 9780! And the 8900 as well!!
    Yeah we last talked in May. Saw the Dtek at Sasktel and if I was into Android it would be my choice, no doubt! Pop into the 99 forum and say "hey" sometime.

C ya around
    01-23-17 11:27 PM
    Why do we need to in the first place?
    01-24-17 04:33 AM
    as in the picture:
    using a Classic with main SIM (call+data) as usually, got a 2nd SIM (data only) for the Passport from my carrier, both SIM's share my data budget on the same contract.
    The Passport SIM does not enable the phone but SMS and all the rest of what the standard SIM for mobiles can do.
    This extra data-SIM cost only €5 extra, called a Partner-SIM and got it's own phone number.
    Silly Question-img_20160216_202658.jpg

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-24-17 04:57 AM
56 123