i downloaded the pocket express app and then i erased it. while i was erasing, i recieved 2 missed calls. i didnt check the missed calls, i just shut the phone down. when i brought the phone back up, the missed call icon was there but when i checked the phone log, the missed calls didnt appear.
    so now the missed call icon is still there with 2 missed calls but its not in the call log. i restarted the phone but its still there.
    what do i have to do to get rid of the icon? it's soooo annoying.

thanx
    11-14-08 01:25 PM
    Call your phone, let it miss, then delete that one, it should go away.. see what I mean?
    11-14-08 01:29 PM
    Call your voicemail and see if they're there. If that doesn't clear it then call and leave a message and go through the process again.
    11-14-08 01:30 PM
    and i called the phone and deleted the missed call but it's still there.
    11-14-08 01:42 PM
    Did you try a battery pull??
    11-14-08 02:01 PM
    Pull the battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 02:14 PM
    Under the Blackberry DM go to back up restore, then advananced. On the right hand side (device database) I cleared the phone call log list and phone hot list.

Backed up my device, wiped it (Options / Security Options / General Settings / Menu / Wipe Handheld). You will lose all third party software installed plus the missed call. Restore you phone back using your back up and the missed calls won't show up anymore. That is what I had to do to remove them from mine.

They are stuck in the back up file if you don't delete the phone call log and phone hot list. Not sure which one cured it but when I deleted them both it went away.

Hope this helps.
    11-14-08 02:34 PM
    yea i did the battery pull and its still stuck. who can i call for this?
    11-14-08 04:12 PM
    try going to messages/hit the menu button/view folder then select missed calls
    11-14-08 04:15 PM
    In this case xieta27 has given you the only solution that will always work. Try the other, less invasive techniques first. If they don't work, then make a backup, wipe your device, and restore. That will clear the missed call icon.

Mod Note: I've merged all your duplicative threads into one thread in the appropriate forum, and deleted all the redundant posts. Please do not make duplicate posts. That scatters your answers and doesn't improve your chances of getting the right answer.
    11-14-08 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD